Chapter Twenty-Eight

Keon Wyatt

This motherfucker is loaded.

"Okay talk to me."

I turned my attention from the window where I saw the cursive initials 'J.T' were on the gates. This guy's name was physically on the estate letting people know who lives here. Anyway, I looked at Naiya who was sitting beside me in the middle seat. She grabbed my hand and made our fingers intertwine together.

"About what?"

She shrugged, "Whatever you're feeling. You remember how you told me to come to you about anything? Even if I needed to just vent?" I nodded. "Well I want you to do the same. I don't want you exploding because you're holding things in. So talk to me."

I started to decline but I have a lot on my mind. "Fine. I honestly wanna tell the driver to just take us to the airport. I feel like I don't owe my mother or this Jackson guy shit. I understand that my mom kept him from me but if he really wanted to know me and be in my life, he would've fought for it. Instead I had to be raised by a man who was a shitty father but cared for me in his own weird way. You know, Alphonse has been really quiet lately. I mean he's been helpful and hasn't done anything to piss me off since we got back home."

She started to rub the back of my hand softly with her soft thumb. "You think he's planning something?"

I shrugged my shoulders, looking away from her. My heart increase rapidly. "Don't know. Honestly, I think he might be trying to be considerate of what I'm going through and what you're going through with the tapes. Which I don't mind because if he came at me with some bullshit when we got back, I probably would've tried to kill him."

"You still think he's after your money?"

"Of course. But I'm savoring the calm before the storm. It's helping with my sanity right now."

The SUV pulled up in front of the estate where some white guy in a black suit was standing with his hands behind his back and a black spiral wire coming from an earpiece leading down to the collar of his suit jacket. We stopped and the driver climbed out right after he told us to wait for him. Naiya squeezed my hand when my door opened. I looked at her.

"Before we get out, I just want you to know that I'm with you. I'm here for you. Though I want you to give this a chance, if at any time you feel uncomfortable, please let me know and we can get the hell out. Okay?"

"Aight Ride Or Die Nai."

She smiled at me and nudged my arm. "Get out."

       Naiya led the way up the walkway towards the wide steps. There were two sets of long five steps that led up to this big ass castle. Like this dude is legit loaded. As I followed Naiya towards the steps, I could see my beautiful mother appear walking down a walkway coming from the house. Behind her was a tall man whose complexion, ears, mouth and nose pretty much matched mine. I damn near stole this man's face. He wore a pair of jeans, an Ezekiel Elliot Ohio State football jersey and a pair of Timbs which looked odd compared to my mother decked out in a dress that probably cost about four digits and red bottom shoes that cost four digits.

I stopped walking to get myself together causing Naiya to do the same. She looked at me over her shoulder, "You wanna turn around?"

I shook my head, "Naw. I just wanna stand here."

She reached back and held out her hand. "Then we can stand here until they come to us. I think we came far enough. And then some."

Smirking, I reached out and took her hand. I stepped up alongside her and pulled our hands behind my back where I began to turn the band of her wedding rings and rubbing the back of her hand simultaneously. I don't know what was going on with me right now but rubbing her hand and playing with the ring was really helping my anxiousness decrease. My edge feeling was slowly going away.