Chapter Twenty

Omniscient

Daniel stepped out of his white rented Porsche convertible dressed in a tan suit. He couldn't wait until he could officially obtain the assets he had his eyes on, thus turning all the rentals into ownerships. While he passed himself off as someone who had the money to match the power in his mind, he really didn't have it. His wealthy entrepreneur parents cut the young father off when he graduated college because of something horrendous he did. However, they made sure that a three year-old Dayna was taken care of. It was money he couldn't touch so he had to make another way.

Who knew that the horrendous thing he did that made his parents cut him off would end up bringing him in a huge pay out in the end?

Well, it wasn't actually set in stone but Daniel was going to do everything in his power to make sure it did happen. And his best friend Alphonse was a huge part of this plan and agreed to help make sure it did happen. Daniel met Alphonse in his sophomore year of college. Daniel crossed the same fraternity as Alphonse and while he was "on line", Alphonse gave him the hardest time because he saw something in Daniel. Alphonse took Daniel under his wing to mold him into a man of power. He saw the want in Daniel. After Daniel was cut off from his parents and after hearing about his struggle to "provide" for his daughter, Alphonse told him that he had him and would be there if he ever needed anything. When Alphonse heard about Daniel's horrendous act, they quickly made up a plan.

And here we are.

Daniel approached the double steel doors of Ancora Psychiatric Hospital and smirked at the fact that in just a few moments he was about to see a familiar face again. He hadn't seen her in eighteen years when he first placed her in here. He wondered how she looked now, if the place drove her sane mind insane, or if she even remembered him. He's come here before to check up with the staff to see how she's been and even peaked in on her through observation windows so that she couldn't see him. Each and every time, she's been regular. In her first three years, she was suicidal. However, after she realized that no one, not even her family, would come for her because of what Daniel claimed, she accepted her reality and fate. The consequences of messing around with Daniel left her confused, pregnant, heartbroken, depressed, childless, and alone.

All alone.

It's enough to drive you crazy but for the sake of her chocolate baby girl, she vowed to not let this place define her. She knew who she was and wanted to keep the possibility of seeing her daughter again open by staying true to who she really is. She vowed to never let anyone like Daniel do her like this ever again. The only person she now lived for was her sweet sweet Naiya.

Naima Wyatt's counselor smiled wide as she and Daniel looked out on the balcony where Naima was sitting on a lounge chair reading a book. "Ms. Wyatt is doing great Mr. Moore. She's amazing actually. The outreach program tied to colleges in Georgia that provided her with the ability to study at Spelman College actually offered her a position-"

Daniel scoffed, "A job? She only has her Bachelor's what could she possibly do for Spelman?"

Naima's counselor cut her eyes away from the window and looked at him as if he was crazy, "Actually she received her Doctorate ten years ago. She's been doing research and publishing since then. They offered her a position to not only teach at the school but to become a Dean for the Psychology department."

"A schizophrenic teaching psychology? Now I've seen everything. Besides she's in here there's no way she can take the job."

The counselor folded her arms and positioned her weight to one side giving Daniel the attitude he deserved, "Actually I submitted a proposal to have her discharged. That's why I called you in today."

Daniel snapped his head in her direction, "You can't do that."

It was her turn to wear the smirk now, "Actually I can. And I did. The board of directors and doctors in this place all sat down and reviewed her file and agreed that she's good to go. In fact, she didn't need to be here at all. But of course we had to keep her here for five years max. After that she didn't want to leave until she got herself together after the attempted suicide. Which I think was a result of her being here."

Daniel angrily looked out the window at the woman who formerly made him weak at the knees. "Impossible."

"Oh it's very much possible Mr. Moore. I just wanted to bring you down here and tell you myself."

"Well I'm sure she'll need someone to come pick her up and help her transition into society again. I won't be the one."

The counselor shrugged carelessly, "That's fine. She doesn't need you."

Naima heard it all from where she was sitting. With her side facing them, she turned the page of Waiting To Exhale and smiled.

           ______________________

In another time zone, two lovers were tangled in black silk sheets struggling to get as much pleasure in as they could in such a short time. They had about three more days together before they had to return to their regular lives that didn't include being together. Though they really wished they were. However she had things on her agenda to complete in her other life and they both shared a big secret that would definitely jeopardize her agenda. For now, they had to be content as secret lovers.

He peaked his head from under the sheets just in time to watch her endure yet another orgasm as a result of him. "You okay?" She was breathing hard and her face was slightly red on account of the warmth in the room.

"Never better. Hey, did you remember to do what I told you?"

He smacked his hand over his forehead, "Fuck. I'll do it right now, I'm sorry baby."

"It's okay."

He stood up completely naked and retrieved his cell phone to make a call. "Hey, I need you to put in that transfer for me.......Yeah......All of it......okay....and when should it be available?.....Two days? Great, say thanks I appreciate your help man.......Alright, bye." He placed his cell phone back on the desk below his jumbo flat screen and returned back to the bed. "All done."

"Good. His dad for all intents and purposes is up to something with Daniel Moore and I just want to make sure he's protected that's all."

"Daniel Moore? That piece of shit is still around?"

"Yeah."

"And how is he involved?"

She turned on her side to face her lover and propped her head up against her hand, "Well...."

She began to discuss the situation immediately giving her lover a shock with just the first three words...

"He's Naiya's father."