Chapter Twenty-Three

Because I'm ecstatic and feeling so good about all these votes, here's another one!

         Naiya Parker-Wyatt

Those two days on the boat were wonderful but it felt good to be on solid ground when I woke up this morning. Partially because Keon promised me that we would go to the shoppes today to get the souvenirs that I had been dying to get for everyone back home. When I woke up it was to the clicking noises of Keon's phone from him probably sending out a text.

"My bad Boots did I wake you up?"

I poked my bottom lip out at the fact that he was still calling me that. He plucked my lip and I slapped my hand over my mouth. "Ow!"

He smirked, "Baby. Good morning."

I stretched a bit, "Morning. What time is it?"

"It's only 9. When did you wanna go out today?"

I shrugged, "After we get dressed and eat if that's cool." He nodded.

Today was his birthday. He told me last night that he didn't want to wake up to any surprises because he hates them but that didn't stop me from planning a day party with Zaire. Since Keon wanted to just hit the town and come back to chill, Zaire and I planned the little party for tonight. I gave Zaire money to buy me some things for a "care package" that I was making for Keon. I'm sure he'll like it with the contents that I planned on placing in there. With his mom being from here and him knowing some people through Zaire, our suite was going to be full with a few people. Torrence and Brendan also flew down yesterday and would be surprising Keon later on.

There were a lot of shoppes. Many of the stores were some that I've seen back home while others were stores that one could only dream of shopping in. After buying the souvenirs I wanted for everyone back home including Alphonse, somehow we ended up in a high end shoe store. I walked around simply looking at shoes and stopped by a pair of rain boots. They were Christian Louboutin just like my wedding shoes. They were black matte with spikes on the leg area and had a fashionable buckle at the top.

"You should get those."

I looked at Keon as if he were crazy. I pointed to the hefty price tag, "Uh no they're expensive. Besides why would I wear designer rain boots in the rain?"

He playfully plucked my forehead, "That's the point genius. Besides we married now, my money is your money."

"I don't like them."

"Yes you do you ain't got to lie. And don't go by the price on the shoe. The price will sound better when it's converted trust me." He pulled out his phone and started tapping away at the screen. Meanwhile, a sales associate walked up grinning.

"May I help you two?"

I started to say no but Keon beat me to it telling the man my shoe size. The man skipped away causing Keon to shake his head. "Of all people we get paired with, it's his jolly ass."

I hit his chest, "What does the price convert to? Even though it doesn't matter I still don't want them."

"Think of it as a birthday gift."

"This vacation is a birthday gift-"

"Technically no because Alphonse paid for it."

"Okay well the yacht trip was a birthday gift."

He tightened his lips and shook his head, "Eh, the yacht was a deal and so were the diving instructors."

"Well-"

He held his hand up and looked down at his phone again. By the look of his face, I could tell something was wrong. The sales associate came back with my box. Keon looked up at the guy and nodded to the register.