Chapter Thirty-Eight

*Cues 'Its So Hard To Say Goodbye' by Boyz II Men*This is the part that I dread. I hate closing stories. I suck at it. The next part is the epilogue which may be one or two parts. Not sure if I wanna keep it like that or name one the final chapter or just combine them🤔. But they're done ✅.

.      .      .

Naiya Wyatt

That woman Naima Wyatt who called me claiming to be my mentor finally called me asking if we could have coffee at Starbucks. I was skeptical about going simply because of her name similarity. I looked her up and the beautiful woman I saw made me second guess coming. I showed her to Keon who flat out said that she looked like me.

She did. But then again we all have a twin out there right? Plenty of actresses and actors are twins of people they portray or people who portray their family members. It was just coincidence that we have the same last name and same nose.

And mouth.

And eyes.

And hair texture.

I mean could we really be related?

I took a deep breath before taking a sip of my hot chocolate. I looked around the cafe for her but turned up short. I picked up my phone and texted Keon back letting him know that I was okay and that she didn't come yet.

"Naiya?"

I slowly lifted my eyes up from my phone to see her. The pictures of her online didn't do her any justice. This woman was beautiful. I stood up to shake her hand. "Hi."

"It's so good to finally meet you."

"Likewise." I sat back down in my seat and she sat across from me.

"How do you like the campus so far?"

"It's beautiful. I love it."

"And your classes? How are they?"

"They're good."

There was an uncomfortable silence. I felt like an elephant was trying to creep into the room. I couldn't get over the fact that this woman and I shared similar characteristics.

"If you're my mentor, how come this is the first time we're actually meeting? It's November."

Naima nervously bit her lip. "I...I'm actually not your mentor."

"Then why did you say you were?"

"So that I could get into contact with you."

"Why would you want to contact me?"

Tears welled up in her eyes. That right there confirmed what I wondered but wasn't sure of. But I needed her to say it. Was this lady really my mother?

"I...I just wanted to know you. I needed to know you."

"Who are you?" I whispered out, fighting back my voice from cracking.

"I remember giving birth to you Naiya."

Tears started to stream down my cheeks like water. Her lips were moving but I couldn't hear anything. It started to get hot in here and soon everything around me felt like it was spinning. The walls were closing in on me. All I remember was running out of there.