Chapter Twenty-Nine

Keon Wyatt

Naiya and I were given a huge master bedroom for the night. But since it was still early we wandered this huge estate looking at all the shit this man had in it. We didn't see Jackson or my mother until dinner where I didn't eat and minimal talking commenced. Basically Jackson and Tessa talked to Naiya about school and moving into her new place. Which reminded me I'm not gonna have my little thug with me 24/7 no more in a couple weeks. When she told them that, Jackson sort of gave me a look. Not sure what that was about.

It was a bit creepy but whatever; Jackson had some guys from his security and one of his maids go to our hotel and pack our shit and bring it back here. I mean all of our stuff. So the two extra days we had here in Chicago at the hotel quickly became two more days but staying in this estate. Jackson was slick with it I'll give him that. Clearly he's where I get my antics from.

That night I stared up at the ceiling while Naiya slept beside me. I couldn't sleep because of two reasons: one, Naiya's right leg was laying on my leg and her arm was draped over my torso thus causing my heart to race a mile a second, and two, I kept thinking about Jackson. As much as I didn't like this guy and the fact that he wasn't in my life I couldn't help but want to talk to this man and accept him into my life. It's as if he came into my life at a late time but at the right time. Daniel and Alphonse were up to some shit and clearly it was about money. If I'm gonna get me and Naiya out of their claws, I need somebody with more money and power than them to help me. And that's Jackson.

But right now Naiya just moaned in her sleep and my friend twitched.

I gotta get out of here.

I pushed back the sheet covering us since Naiya claimed it was cold and covered us both up. I gently slid my leg from under hers and moved her arm. She groaned this time and tried to pull me back.

"Go to sleep Keon." She mumbled.

"I'll be back."

She opened one eye and frowned, "Where are you going?"

"I'm starving."

She sucked her teeth and snatched my pillow that I was previously laying on. "I told you to eat but nooo."

I laughed a little as I stood up from the bed. "Shut the fuck up."

"Hurry back."

"Why?"

She was silent for a minute before closing her eyes and hiding her face into my pillow. "Good night."

I shook my head as I left the room. "I'm gonna miss you too."

Can I be any more obvious?

         I was in the big ass kitchen for maybe ten minutes alone before I heard footsteps. If this is Naiya I swear-

"Can't sleep neither huh."

Jackson walked around me as I tossed a bunch of shit onto some bread. "Nah."

"That's a big ass sandwich. Then again you only ate bacon today."

"Ain't have much of an appetite as you can imagine."

"I didn't eat either."

I paused for a second and thought back to earlier at brunch and dinner. I didn't even see him touch his fork. I topped the sandwich with another piece of bread. "You want half?"

"Hell yeah slide it on down."

We sat at the counter-well on rather-shoving down our halves and chips and some other junk. Then this nigga brought out tequila.