Chapter 3 [EDITED]

Knowing that I made plans didn't stop me from falling asleep after I got home. However, when my mom woke me up at 6:30 to ask me what i wanted from the Chinese place, I realized I never even told her.

To say she was upset was an understatement. My mom needed at least an hour to get ready for any occasion, and that was mostly because as soon as she got home from anything she took her hair down, makeup off, and pajamas on.

I hopped up, and immediately started brushing through my wild hair. I had straightened it this morning, but since I slept on it, it had regressed back to it's natural unruly state.

I wiggled into a nice pair of black high waisted mom jeans, a fitted white top, and some black converse. 

Finally, stroking some mascara over my eyes, I was ready to go, and waiting on my mom at 6:55. I eyed the boxes sitting on my floor, realizing I should've unpacked earlier today instead of sleeping.

My new room was slightly smaller than my old room, but it felt much more empty. I had no posters, no pictures, and the walls were a dull white.

"Oh, honey, you should've put a dress on. You told me there was a boy there," She frowned at me, as she slipped an earing through her ear.

"Thanks mom, you look great too." I offered, as I slipped my key into my back pocket. She, opposite of me, did look great. I hated to admit it, but mom was a milf.

"Mia, I need you to be on your best behavior tonight." She told me solemnly. She wanted friends just as badly as I do, I realized.

I nodded, and ran my fingers through my hair with a sigh. "Of course, Mom."

After both of us looked in my mirror one last time, we walked next door. My mom sighed and glanced down at her watch. "Thank goodness we made it on time."

I stepped forward and rang the bell. Much like earlier, I heard several voices yelling, but a small feminine one overpowered most of them.

"I GOT IT." The voice yelled, and the door swung open to nothing. I then looked down and realized there was a small girl standing there grinning up at me. "You are pretty."

I slightly blushed, and laughed lightly. "You're prettier."

She flipped her pigtails over her shoulder. "Well, I know that." I grinned again. "Come on, I'll show you to the dining room."

"I'm Sophie." She said as we rounded a corner. "I'm in the first grade."

"I'm Mia, I'm a high schooler. This is my mom, Silvia, she's old."

Sophie giggled, and grabbed my hand. "My brothers are high schoolers."

Their dining room had a giant table in the middle of it and there were 9 placemats and plates down. There were already bowls of food sitting in the middle of the table.

Good lord, is the whole neighborhood joining us?

Sophie had us sit down and told us that everyone would be down in a second. Then she sat down next to me and started humming an unfamiliar song.

As Sophie said, a minute later, a whole bunch of people came walking downstairs, Colton leading the pack. "Hey, Mia."

"Hi," I waved, and he sat down across from me. Behind him there were two little girls holding hands, that looked just like Sophie.

Woah, triplets. How epic.

They sat down across from my mom, flashing Sophie a dirty look. I looked over to the small girl, as she looked down at her hands, an upset expression on her face. Poor girl.

Colton smiled, "I see you've met Sophie. That's Jamie and Kylie. Terrible two, and wonderful one." He turns to my mom fully. "And I'm Colton."

My mom nods. "I'm Silvia Wade, but you can call me Sil if you want."

More footsteps sounded out, followed by a clear and warm voice. "Hello! I'm Kristin Miller and this is Jackson Miller, my husband."

I don't know what I was expecting from the parents of these kids, but it wasn't what I saw.

They were probably my mom's age, which was kinda young. The mom, blonde with dazzling green eyes, the father with darker hair and warm brown eyes. They were both wearing scrubs, which most likely meant they worked at the hospital. The fact that they still looked like they were seventeen year olds in love though, that was the biggest shock factor.

When they sat down, I noticed that there was still one spot. I raised an eyebrow questionably, but said nothing. It seemed like we were waiting on someone.

After we got through introductions, we just made small talk until Colton looked over my shoulder and sighed, an irritated look coming over his face.

"Car!!" Sophie yelled, grinning again, her sisters long forgotten. "Come meet Mia! She's so pretty!"

When I turned around, every cell of my body was filled with annoyance, not only at the boy in front of me, but also at the clicheness of the whole situation.

"Hey, I'm Car-" He stopped when he looked down at me, a scowl replacing his friendly expression.

I smiled ironically at the infamous Carson Miller, and held out a hand. "Hello, I'm Mia, nice to meet you."