Chapter 5 [EDITED]

I don't think guys understand that when they give a girl a hoodie, they are never seeing it again. If Carson and I were even slightly better friends, no way in hell I would've given his hoodie back.

But sadly, the next day he hunted me down and asked for it back. "I washed it, but I let it air dry.. I didn't want it to shrink," I eyed his wide shoulders and felt confident I made the correct decision.

He nodded, and bounced on his heels for a second seeming to be debating telling me something. "Just spit it out, Carson, what are you wanting to tell me?"

"The football team's been talking about your ass all morning," He spat out quickly, as though it pained him.

I raised an eyebrow, a small smile on my face. "And is that bothering you?"

He rubbed the back of his neck, and ran a hand over his face. "Okay, listen you didn't hear this from me, but apparently Ryan in your Personal Finance class is going to try to grab your ass in front of the rest of the guys today.. So just be careful around him. He's a douche."

I smirked slightly at him. And before I could thank him, he rolled his eyes and walked away. I frowned, however, when I turned and saw three guys in varsity jacks fist bumping each other down the hallway.

~

That day after school Jake was trying to convince me to let him drive me to and from school every day. And while I appreciated the sentiment a lot, I knew it was awkward between me and the guys at times, and I couldn't afford to give him gas money.

In the end, I accepted the ride, but only if I got shotgun, not on anyone's lap. He agreed, so I happily went across the street to wait for Jake to pick me and the brothers up.

The door swung open, and  Sophia was standing there smiling up at me. "Mia!" I laughed as she ran forward and wrapped her arms around my legs, her face hitting my stomach. Seconds later, she dragged me inside the house. "Colton! Carson! Your friend is here!"

"I am not friends with her, Soso," Carson said walking out of the kitchen, "Why are you here anyway?"

I set my bag by the door, next to Colton's, "Well, of course I'm here to admit my undying love for you, darling."

The oldest Miller brother snorted, "Blow me."

"What does blow mean?" Sophie asked, not sensing the tension in the room.

Carson rolled his eyes. "But seriously, why are you here? Your gonna miss the bus again and-"

"Careful, Carson, that sounds like concern in your voice."

"Then I'm going to have to sit in a car with your ugly ass for 7 minutes." He continued right through my statement. "And yeah, okay. More like I care of the sanity of my brother and I."

"You will be fine." I say, rolling my eyes, once again.

"Yeah, but Colton spends so much time talking to you, he probably won't."

"Col will be fine." I told him, stepping closer.

"He doesn't like talking to you."

"Okay, and I don't like talking to you, but you can't seem to help yourself." I sigh, heavily. "It's too early for this crap."

"Agreed. Where is my brother?"

I shrugged, and heard a car horn honking. "Jake is here though. Can I go see if Col is ready to go?"

He nodded and went outside, kindly grabbing my backpack as well as his as he went.

When I got to Colton's room, I knocked and he opened up a minute later. "Mia? What are you- shit, what time is it?"