Chapter 11 [EDITED]

"Carson, I swear, if you poke me one more time I'm going to shove that pencil so far up your ass it's going to hit your teeth."

      He looked at me, slyly, so that we didn't get caught talking in class again. "You would love to shove that pencil there, wouldn't you?"

"Knowing you," I retorted quietly. "You would probably enjoy it."

"Sweetheart, you don't know the first thing about me." He said, smirking.

"Can't you see? I don't want to." I told him as I scrambled to frantically write down the notes I'd missed.

He tilted his head, ever so slightly. "Liar."

"Egotistical asshole." I said, a bit of sass slipping into my tone.

"Rude bitch." He said, a small angry furrow to his brow. I tried to push away the fact that he looked adorable when he was angry.

"Bite me."

"Where?" He asked suggestively, leaning closer.

"I don't know. Maybe my dic-"

"You guys are such a cute couple!" A high pitched voice cut me off from telling him to bite my non-existent dick.

"We're just friends." Carson told her, his eyes never leaving my face.

"Seriously, you're just friends with all that?" The girl behind me asks. I turned around to see a petite blond with her eyebrows raised.

"Yeah, I'm dating his brother." I tell her, amusement lacing my tone.

"Okay," she said slowly. "Are you blind?"

Carson smirked at the poor girl and I realized she had become his next victim. A victim of sexy smirks and teasing flirts. "Are you single? If so, then all the guys in your grade are blind."

She blushed. "Yeah, I'm single.."

With that, Carson shifted his chair so they could talk. At some point I heard him ask for her number so they could get ice cream, but I didn't really want to listen to Carson flirt. It was almost like watching a lion stalk a zebra.

When class was over, Colton was waiting outside the door for me. However, when the teacher dismissed us, he came inside and gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Hey, beautiful."

I smile. Happiness, despite my dislike of pda, filling me. "Hey, Col."

As we turn to leave, I see the same girl, jaw slack staring at me. "I'm not blind," I called. "I'm smart, and I chose the better brother." I toss her a friendly wink and step out into the hallway, Carson's booming laughter following me out.

-

When the final bell rang, I met Kelly and Emma at my locker. Jake passed me with a curious look, and I quickly told him that they would be giving me a ride.

That day at lunch we had decided that we were all going to go to homecoming as friends since Emma's boyfriend was out of town that weekend. Her and Kelly had quickly become friends, and I was pumped to have a solid friend group so quickly. We decided that we wanted to go dress shopping together as well.

We went to the mall, where Kelly found her dress. It was beautiful on her, and pretty inexpensive. It was a deep red color, with a sweetheart neckline that hit her about mid thigh.

Next we hit a resale dress shop where Emma and I found ours. Her's was a tight light purple dress with thin straps that ended just above her knee.

Mine, on the other hand, hit about mid thigh like Kelly's. It had long sleeves and showed off a bit more cleavage than I had originally wanted to, but could easily be pinned up if necessary.

Once we were back in the car, our bags secured, we sighed at one another and decided on taco bell for dinner. "After all that.. girl time," Kelly trailed off. "A burrito is calling my name."

--

"Give me the damn popcorn," I muttered, reaching for the bowl that Carson was holding firm in his lap.

"Ha, whoops," he told me in response. "I accidentally ate it all..."

"Oh my- Colton!" I yelled. "Your brother is being the biggest asshole."

"Dearest brother, your girlfriend is being rude to me. In my own home, to make matters worse." He swung his arm around my neck and dragged me into his side.

"Colton, he's harassing me!" I punched Carson in the shoulder, as hard as I could. He didn't even flinch, but he instead let out a low chuckle. The sound resonated through my body as I realized how close we were.

"Guys please," Colton said, walking around the corner. Carson's arm dropped off my shoulders, and I popped up off the couch, my cheeks flushed. "I don't feel good."

I took a step forward and looked at him closer. He looked like shit. Pressing the inside of my wrist against my forehead, and then to Colton's, I winced.

"You're burning up, babe." I told him, and he let out a harsh cough in response. "The flu has been going around school, maybe you have that?"

"Shit." Carson said from behind me. "All that tongue locking may spread the disease to our sweet little new girl."

"I'll be fine." I told them, swallowing down my fear of contracting any type of illness. "Hey, let's get you into bed."

He nodded, and I helped lead him up the stairs and into his room. Despite the fact that I hadn't spent much time in his room, Colton's room seemed familiar. Maybe because it was his, and he was familiar to me.

After helping him relax, I stepped out of his room and quickly washed my hands. "Where is your medicine at, Carson?"

He pointed me to a medicine cabinet in the half bath, and I rummaged through quickly before falling short on anything that would help Colton feel better. I tied my hair up and began to double check the medicine. I noticed Carson leaned against the bathroom sink, watching me.

"What?" I ask him, blowing a piece of grown out fringe from my face.

"Nothing," He cleared his through and stool up straight. "It's just that you look like my mom."

"Gee, thanks." I told him, a half smile on my face as I continued to read the medicine.

"No, hey," He grabbed my hand before I could triple check the meds. "My mom is a doctor, and she is quite good at medicine and staying calm when we were sick, to make sure we were taken care of."

I swallowed nervously at the tenderness in his voice and pulled my hand back lightly, nodding. "Well, I don't think you have the proper medicine here, do you mind running me to the store?"

"For my brother?" He nodded. "Anything."

~

4/22/19
hehe cover change
also this chapter was so so so bad lmao it took me like forty minutes to edit/rewrite.. yikes. hope it's better :)