Chapter 9 [EDITED]

The date with whats his face, went smoothly.

We went to a movie, sat in the back, and he tried to make out with me. Which of course meant that I hit him.

But later that night was my date with Colton. We were going to red lobster, so it was kind of fancy. I decided I was going to wear a light gray romper and short black booties. I also decided to curl my hair last minute.

Despite the fact that I saw him every day, it was kind of nerve wracking. There was a pressure to act differently because it was a date.

The doorbell rang as I was grabbing a purse off the floor. I smiled in the mirror, and sprayed some perfume on me before stepping downstairs.

~

"Table for two, please."

The kind guy behind the counter nodded, and handed us a flat black disk, that had rings of red light around it. He informed us that the lights on the buzzer, would flash green when our table was red.

Cool beans man.

Meanwhile, we sat in front of a large tank that was housing about 15 lobsters. Poor guys. I tapped on the glass and one quickly wobbled away from me.

Colton let out a cute little yelp when the buzzer buzzed, and I laughed. He looked at me and smiled. He continued to look at me even after the smile dropped, and I raised an eyebrow. "You're beautiful, Mia."

I blush. He had told me the second he saw me, and on the ride here, and when we pulled up. I always said the same to him, because he looked amazing.

He had on a dress shirt, the collar was undone, and it wasn't tucked into his jeans. He looked frazzled, but he definitely made it work.

The same guy that had given us the buzzer took us back to a corner where there wasn't many people. "For the couple of the day."

I smiled up at him. "Thank you sir."

He nodded. "Take care of her, boy."

Colton smiled. "Definitely."

I smiled and looked down at the menu. I scanned the shrimp menu and looked at the alfredo. Decision made. Then I decided on a lemonade.

Colton paid for my meal, left the tip, and escorted me out to the car. He was being the absolute best, super sweet. I found myself falling for him faster than I probably should be.