Chapter 30

I smiled as my friends walked through the door, their dress bags hanging over their arms. Emma's hair was freshly washed, and Kelly's hair was still wet. I scrunched my nose up, but decided it would be easier to do her hair with it starting out wet.

I ushered them inside, and winced as they looked around my house. I realized it was supper messy. I wasn't a overly-messy person, it's just been a little more hectic than usual, and I haven't really had time.

I wouldn't even bother to ask Carson, he is a pig.

We headed up into my room, not bothering to close the door behind us as we flopped onto my bed.

"Where's Carson?"

I rolled my eyes, "His house, I assume. I just told him to get out."

Emma huffed a laugh, as Kelly just shook her head amused. "Why did you do that?"

"He was being annoying, laying out rules and trying to give me a curfew." I laid back on my pillows. "He's so annoying,"

I turned to get off the bed, but I didn't miss the knowing looks the girl gave each other. I chose to ignore them. I didn't know what I felt with him, and I didn't want to even acknowledge I liked him.

I pulled my dress out of my closet. I smiled as I remembered buying this, right after that whole predicament with Grey and his cousin Mark. It was so stupid, but yet, I remember Carson offering to go with me, just to calm Colton down.

I bought this dress thinking I would be wearing it with Colton, turns out I'm wearing it solo.

I'm still gonna look hot as hell, I don't need no man.

I turned to the other girls, "I feel like this is long overdue, but, who's ready to get ready?"

~

"I swear, I swear, I swear, if you burn my neck, I'm literally going to stab your eyeball out with this stupid fucking hair curler,"

I winced, and I scrunched my nose up at her vulgar language, "Kelly, I'm no where near your neck, calm down,"

She rolled her eyes at me, but didn't say anything else.

Emma snickered at us from the bed. She got ready the fastest because her hair was already dry, and all she wanted to do was put it up into a bun on the top of her head, with some pieces of her framing her face.

Kelly, on the other hand, she loose curls that hung evenly down her back. Which, if you are a hair fanatic, you know takes some delicate skills.

And some prayers to god that you don't burn the neck.

I shifted my body to be able to hold the wand better. Emma was going to do my makeup once I was done with Kel's hair, so I had just slipped on the black spandex I was going to wear under my dress, and I had one of the boy's shirts on.

Once I finally finished Kelly's hair, and she was pleased with it, I eyed her suspiciously. I'd always thought she was pretty, her blond hair, and warm eyes had always given me the kind of rebellious, but attractively rebellious look. Now, she almost seemed like she was sweet. The hair and soft makeup had given her a calm, timid look. Maybe it was that she was just happy, I thought and as soon as it hit me, I knew that's what it was.

I felt like an alarming amount of gratitude, and appreciation towards Jake. He had done this, he had made her this happy, to the point where she didn't feel the need to put on that 'tuff girl' mask all the time.

I walked across the hall as Em started to touch up Kelly's makeup. I threw a wanting glance towards my sweatpants, which honestly, Colton had to know he wasn't getting back.