Chapter 18

I KNOW I UPDATED MORE THAN ONCE A WEEK????? WOW> Carry on :)

    Is it bad that even though I ended things with Colton, I still want to go back,  and hang out with him, Jake, and even Carson?

    I would, but I knew the breakup wasn't mutual, and I knew Colton needed some time to cool off. More than anything, I wish Kelly wasn't out of town, and I wished Emma didn't have a family night tonight, because I have no other friends.

    So, since I have no friends, no boyfriend, and no life, I was gonna throw myself a pity party, complete with takeout and re-watching shows on Netflix, that I've already watched several times. As I watched the sweetness of Stephen and Elena's love, I realized I missed Colton.

  Instantly, I regret doing it all. Sure, he'd called me names and said some hurtful stuff, and trusted Mark over me, but was it worth throwing something away that good? We had an amazing thing going up until Mark came along.

   Maybe I should apologize, but even as I thought these exact words, whore just came running back through my head over and over again. 

   Deciding I needed a second opinion, I texted Jake and asked him to come over.

  Seconds after I sent the text, I got a reply, which made my eyebrows shoot up. He usually took hours to reply, but I guess he was just on his phone already. 

   My eyes flitted over his message saying he would be in about an hour, saying he had some errands to finish up. I told him that  it was okay, then decided to take a shower, because I kinda stank from the house, and from my pity party. Getting out, I just threw on some leggings, and a t-shirt that I'm 89% sure is Colton's.

  So I changed the shirt, to one of my old school soccer team shirts.

 A couple minutes later, my doorbell rang, and quickly popped my favorite movie into the dvd player In the living room, and then opened the door.

  "JAK- ....  What are you doing here?" I sighed, and asked Carson.

  He smirked. "Oh, c'mon princess, we both know you missed me,"

  "In your dreams," I snarked back.

    He had also changed clothes from earlier. He was now wearing sweatpants, and a hoodie that had a baseball on the front. Huh, I didn't know Carson played baseball.

  "You're always in my dreams," He replied with a wink.

   I let him in, and hit his chest lightly, laughing. "Freak," I paused, becoming half-serious. "But really.. where is Jake?"

   Carson jumped onto my couch, and got comfy. "He has to do some girl scout bullshit for his sister, so he asked me to sub in his place at the Colton-hating-party. So don't think anything of it, I had nothing better to do."

   I chuckled, almost ironically. "Actually, this isn't a hating club, its the exact opposite I'm afraid. "

   He turned to me, "Thinking of getting back together already?"

   I nod, but then blushed. This was weird. I mean, Carson and I aren't even good friends, and he's Colton's brother. "We don't have to talk about it." I shifted. "You can go if you want, I'm fine."

   Carson sighed. "Listen Mia, Colton is crazy about you." Causing me to turn dark red in the face, and smile at my feet. "And yeah he made a huge mistake.. I would've ended it too honestly if I were you, but imagine if you heard from someone he was cheating, you would confront him too, and the same things would probably slip out. He didn't mean them,"

  I shook my head. "I'm not too upset about the things he called me, because I've called him and others worse.. but it hurts a lot that he chose to believe Mark over me. Trust is  a huge thing with me.."

  Carson nodded, "Yeah I understand, but you need to understand he was hurt. He thought his amazingly hot girlfriend was hooking up with his best friend, and his even hotter brother.. when you're hurt, it tends to cloud your judgement skills, and I think you know that by now."

  I ignored that Carson called me hot, rolled my eyes and told him he had a good point. Colton didn't know any better, and as I said earlier, I wanted it to work. God more than anything. And this was the first thing that's happened. Realizing something, I felt so embarrassed.. couples fight, and if you don't, then you have a problem. You can't call it quits after one thing. You have to fight for what you want. And I want Colton.

   "Hey Carson?" I asked, and he looked up at me, his eyes sparkling.

  "Yes?"

  "Go home, and tell Colton to come over would you?" I asked, softy. Carson nodded with a knowing look in his eyes.

   As he was stepping out, he turned to me. "Please try not to break my little brothers heart," He asked softly, and before I could reply, he added, "And let me know if he breaks yours, because trust me, more than just his heart will be broken then."

   I laughed, and kicked his ass out the front door, grinning.

    "Till we meet again, princess." 

  ~

  Roughly twenty minutes after Carson leaving, Colton came over, and we immedietly hugged and both of us were apologizing over and over again, by the end I was crying and he was tearing up. He was my best friend, other than Jake, and he knew everything.

  For some reason, I still didn't tell him about what happened before he saw me at his house today. Call me crazy, but I think I wanted to keep it to me and Carson. Not that I was into him or anything, it's just.. I don't know. If something were to go wrong, i'd rather only take one person down with me. And since there is no way for Carson to in-know everything that happened today, I guess ill have to stick with him for awhile.

  After we made up, Carson and I decided we were just gonna chill in the living room, and watch a movie.  We had trouble finding something we both wanted to watch, but in the end we settled for a movie called "Shawn of the dead,"  which was a comedy about zombies pretty much.

   It was super funny, but sleepy Colton over here, still fell asleep in the middle of the movie. And I was super hungry. I was going to just call a pizza place or Chinese or something, but it was midnight, so nothing was open. I decided I would run to the small grocery store on the street corner, so I left a note for Col if he woke up.

   You know that feeling you get when you think somethings going to go wrong, even though there are no signs of anything bad happening? I was feeling that as I walk down the isles, looking for something to eat. In the end, I got a microwavable tv dinner, and ignored my feeling.

   But I was right, when I walked out, my favorite person ever, was leaning against my car. My car, which was the only car in the vacant parking lot. I could barely see who it was because it was so dark out, but when I did, my blood turned to ice.

   "Hello, Mia."

~

A/N

Well that was a slight cliffhanger..

It makes me happy.

anyways, you guys know what to do

comment & vote

as always,

Love Han