8

-trigger warning below. Read at your own risk-

Levi POV

Eren sat in the corner of his office filing papers. He would reread the paper several times before answering the questions provided. Levi tapped his pen against the table slowly. Eren was getting frustrated with the taps as he would occasionally look at the pen angrily. Eren pocket buzzed. He looked at Levi for approval. "May I answer it is my fiancée" Levi felt like objecting, but he didn't. He needed to get close to Eren so he could earn his trust. Levi shook his head yes. Eren answered the phone. "Hello my darling." Levi felt his eye twitch. He heard the mumbling coming from the other side. "No no its fine. I'll be here late as well." Eren continued to listen to her story as he filled more blank spaces and sign the papers, occasionally providing his signature. "Okay well I love you babe.... mmhmm... Okay... Bye bye." Eren hung up the phone and smiled.

Levi stared at end time chart on the wall. "You're out in a hour. Hopefully before your fiancée gets home I presume" Eren smirked. "No I have some errands to do. Like pick up some stuff for tonight's dinner and have everything finish before (name) gets home." Levi raised a brow. "It's only 3, I'm sure you can get it all done before she gets home." Eren signed more documents and looked up. "Have you ever cheated on someone you love?"

Levi felt his head swirl in confusion. "Are you cheating on your fiancé?" Eren slid the papers into a Manila folder. "Well yes and no, see Levi I've cheated on my first wife with (Name). My first wife was calm and plain. I guess I felt like I was settling, (name), she felt like a breath of fresh air. She was a lot like her boyfriend. (Name) was scared to cheat on him and she tried to get away but I kept her with me. (Name) eventually gave in and cheated with me. She said her boyfriend was her first everything. She said she loved him a lot, but she felt like he doesn't love her. Isn't that sad? When he found out about (Name) and I, she stopped eating and returning my calls for a day. She tried to kill herself when she got his letter. Can you imagine one man can drive a women to death. I stopped her and watched over her. I wasn't head over heels for her but I didn't wanna lose her. So I asked her to marry me a couple days after the breakup."

Levi stood in the room in shock. "She tried to kill herself." Eren nodded in agreement. "He left her note, she felt like she was worthless and tried to die." Levi stepped out of the room and walked to the bathroom. He closed the single room, locking it behind him. He ran to the mirror and started cursing to himself. "Fuck! Shit! Ugh mother-" Levi hit the wall. His knuckles retracted and went numb. He continued to punch the wall in frustration. Levi finally calmed down and stood up. His knuckles bruised from impact. He knew he should have never sent the letter.

Levi exited the bathroom like nothing happened. He walked back to the office room and cleared his throat. "Sorry I had a itch in my throat." Eren smiled. "It's fine, hey is your hand okay?" Levi looked down and saw his hand. The bruises reflected the impact it had taken on the wall. "It's fine." Levi sat in his chair and saw something different about his computer screen. The files that were once open were closed and tucked away. Levi clicked the files and started to work on them again. "No one came near my computer right Eren?" He agreed and continued to file. Levi messaged someone he wished he never would come in contact with again.

" I have a proposition for you. I'll pay you a great deal of money if the job is done right."  Levi hit the send button. A message displayed on the screen.

"Sent to Kenny Ackerman."

time skip

Levi told Eren he could go home. "So what you told me earlier, your cheating on (Name)?" Eren spoke quietly. "Yes, I'm marrying her cause she has something not other girls have. It's not like I really like her." Levi wanted to punch Eren right then and there. A notification alert came from Levi's computer indicating he got a email. "Okay, go Eren." Eren walked out of the room and left Levi to check his email.

from: Kenny Akcerman
To: LeviAckerman@TitanCorps.com
what is it you need Mr. Ackerman, long time no see.

Levi picked up the office phone. He dialed the man's number and held the phone to his ear. "Levi." The man spoke. He coughed and cleared his throat. "I thought I would never hear from my perfect little cousin ever again." Levi swallowed his spit. "There's no time for chatter, I need you to make something look like a accident." Kenny hummed in agreement. "Name?" Levi was about to speak when he remember that Eren was with (Name). "Kenny, his name is Eren Jaëger. I want you to attack him when he's alone, no one else with him. I will give you 5,000 dollars if you can make it look like a accident." Kenny inhaled. "Deal." The click from the other end indicated it was the end of the call. Levi sat in his desk chair thinking about what just happened. "She's gonna be okay Levi. She'll be back in your arms in no time."

(Name) POV

It was 11 pm and Eren still wasn't home. She dialed his number over and over again hoping for the boy to pick his phone up. (Name) stared at the ring located on her finger. The Bright Opal ring glistened in the moonlight. She remembered how Eren promised never to go back to his old ways. (Name) sat in the living room waiting for Eren to stumble through the doors. She eventually fell asleep from her long work and school days.

2:34am

the home phone rang echoing it around the room. (Name) half asleep, ran to the device and held it to her ear. "Hello? Eren?" She heard a couple shuffling on the other end. "Is this (Name) (Last Name)?" She didn't recognize the voice but she knew something was wrong. "Yes. Where's Eren?" The voice on the end sighed. "I'm sorry Mrs. (Last Name), but Eren was in a accident and well, he's in critical condition. I need you to come down her at the Trost Hospital please" (Name) held her breath. She slid down the wall and began to sob. Her breath was jagged from the news she had just gotten. (Name) laid on the ground and cried. She thought about all the bad things in life that had happened. She continued to lay on the floor and cry herself to sleep leaving the person on the other end questioning what had happened to her.