10

Levi POV

"Levi.."

"(Name)?" I held my breath. Her voice was raspy and shaky on the other side. She sniffled and coughed before speaking again. "Can you help me out... Uhm... Some stuff happened and I got arrested..." Levi was shocked. He saw (name) before he visited Eren and she was fine.

(Name) didn't seem like the type to get rowdy or cause trouble in society. Levi remembered how emotional (Name) would get during Amber alerts or crimes that resulted in death. What was he suppose to do when she finds out Levi almost killed Eren.

Although Levi is unsure Eren did die. (Name) spoke through The phone again. "It's okay if you can't help me. I can call my mom, but she's in (Hometown)." Levi cleared his throat and walked up to the car. He jingled the keys in hand. "I'm coming, which station are you at?"

Levi stared at the phone screen and saw she called him nearly before 4 am."thank you, Levi... Im at the station downtown, Trost station..." He huffed silently. "Sure I will be there soon" Levi coughed out. Levi ran his hand through his fingers and started the car. He drove in silence toward Trost police station and parked upfront.

Levi filled out some paperwork for (Name) and paid her bail release. The cop smiled and walked to the back to get her. She wasn't really in a jail cell but in a waiting room filled with nervous teenagers or the occasional drunk male. The cop called her name. Levi looked away in fear she would try and smile.

He loved (name) dearly. If she smiled at him now, he knew things would not end well if she tried to leave him again. (Name) walked out slowly towards Levi. Levi felt his heartbeat quicken. She stopped a few steps away from him. Levi lifted his head and peered in her direction.

She was twice as beautiful as when he left her. Her (Hair Color) hair fell on her shoulders making Levi swoon. Her (Eye color) eyes are twice as bright as before. Levi's breath hitched. Suddenly inside his heart, he felt the warmth he was missing. He loved the way she looked. Her small body frame was the same as that winter day.

It was Levi who forgot how beautiful she was. Levi felt the love, the feeling of falling in love all over again. The fireworks, the butterflies in his stomach, and the blush on his cheeks, all resurfaced and made him feel like falling on his knees and hugging her.

(Name) stopped in front of Levi. Instead of showing all the emotions, he felt inside he kept the stoic signature look. (Name) walked to Levi and stopped in front of him. "Levi." She reached her hand out to touch him but Levi turned around and walked away from her, commanding her to follow.

The car ride was silent. Levi stopped at a gas station to refill before returning back to her house, then Erwins. (Name) sat in the car. She stared out the window and hummed a tune Levi knew very well. Levi looked at (Name). He kept driving towards her house silently. Memories of their first date filled his mind.

"So how are things?" Levi stared at (Name). "Why did you call me. Why didn't you call him." (Name) frowned. "Well, he's... He's in critical condition... And... I don't know. I called you because you were still on my phone, and... I saw you in the parking lot of the hospital..."

Levi's hands tightened on the wheel. "I had to see a family member..." Levi pulled up to the driveway. He turned off the car and waited for (Name) to step out. She fiddled with her thumbs. "Do... Do you still like me, Levi?" Levi didn't say anything. He didn't like (Name). He loved her. He loved her so much.

Levi unlocked the door. (Name) got the hint and opened the car door. Her phone rang inside her purse. She set her purse down on the seat and started to dig inside. "Hello?... Yes, this is she...what?... I don't understand... What? No there has to be a mistake... He was- doing fine earlier"

(Name) choked on her tears. She sat back in the car while Levi listened in on the conversation. He didn't understand what happen till he got the email.

From: Kenny Ackerman
To: Levi Ackerman

Msg: It's done, with your part done he's gone. I expect payment before 7 pm today. All hospital tapes and traces have been collected and destroyed.