14

LEVI POV

If anything bad were to happen now, I think (name) would take a big loss again. She lost her 'beloved' Eren. She loves him, I knew it and she did too, but every time we get close together, it's like nothing had changed. It was like we were meant to be together. Levi strolled casually to the car. He thought about what it would be like if she never cheated if he proposed to her. He left the apartment before Erwin could ask any more questions to Levi. Levi did tell him he wasn't going to work for a few days, that he was going to work things out with (name). To the dismay of Erwin, Levi ignored every warning given to him.

(name) sat silently in her seat. She gazed out the window as they drove silently back to her place. "(name) are you feeling any better?" Levi asked softly. She stayed quiet and continued to stare out into the town. "I wish it was me, Instead of Eren. Things would have gone a lot smoother. No one would be on my back about funeral plans, I would have never seen my first dead body. I would get rid of all the evil things I've done to you." Levi parked the car on the side of the road. He grabbed (name) hands. "Listen to me Brat! I would be on Eren's back, I would have gotten mad at him for not being there, I would have raised hell because those 'doctors' couldn't bring you back to me. Eren was a tragic loss. He may have affected you the most, just know, if you died, I would have gone crazy. I would lose my shit trying to look for you. I would have hurt myself for you. So don't you dare tell me if you wish it was you. Because (name) despite what you did to me. I still love you."

Levi let go of her hands and stared at the shocked girl. She grabbed Levi's face and brought it close to hers. She planted her lips against his, and Levi kissed her back. Levi felt like his life was coming back together, that she would finally be his. (Name) slapped Levi's face. "I'm sorry... I can't keep doing this!"

Mina flashed back in his mind, how she kissed him and then told him it was her emotions. How she only wanted to be friends. Levi pulled away in shock. A small tear escaped his eye. Levi started the car and drove into the passing lane. Levi stopped at the spotlight. (name) was silent until her phone rang from under her jacket pocket. She grabbed the small device. "Hello...Armin? hey.... yeah... I'm coming home.. oh... oh no... how did she take it?" (name) waterline filled with her tears. She cuffed her hands on her mouth. "I think I would act the same way too." she wiped her tear. The stoplight turned from red to a soft green color. Levi left the parking space and continued to go to the house they had both shared at one time. (name) continued to talk to Armin on the phone. She was emotional at first but now she was giggling and smiling. This is not good. If she doesn't need Levi to make her feel better, then he's out of the picture, as Mina did to him. "Okay Armin, I'll see you in a few hours."

When we arrived at the house she breathed in deeply. "Thank you, Levi, I have company coming over, if you wanna go or stay is fine." Levi pinched the bridge of his nose. "Who is it?" (name) was scrolling through her phone. "A few friends of mine Armin and Jean and Erens ex-wife." Levi stared at (name). ''Mikasa?" she stared at you now. "Yes your cousin." Levi started the car. He closed his door and buckled his belt securing him into the car. "no thanks, I'm going home." (name) smiled weakly through her broken smile. She opened the door and closed it quietly. She walked away from the car and into the house. Levi felt his stomach go to the pit. His mind filled with a dark abyss. If Mikasa found out that he was once with (name). and Eren turned up missing a few months later, she will find out. Mikasa hated Levi and Kenny, she knows what Kenny does for a living. He was a thug, a terror of the streets.

When Levi became a success Kenny begged for money. Levi didn't give him any unless he did a favor for him. If Mikasa finds out she'll definitely kill him, or (name). No, he can't let that happen. Levi backed the car up and parallel parked beside the curb. (name) turned around and saw Levi. She crossed her arms over her chest and walked over. "Levi, I thought you were going home?" Levi grabbed his jacket from the back. "I think you'll need emotional support if Mikasa is coming here, She was married to him remember." (name) dropped her head. "yeah, thanks for helping me Levi, You've been really good, Due to the fact."

"cut the bullshit and let's go inside."

Levi walked passed her and towards the house. Levi felt his lips tingle from the kiss. He brushed the memory aside to focus on the task at hand. "Get rid of Mikasa."

Time skip

(name) finished her cleaning and prepared food for her guest. She plopped down on the couch next to Levi. The leather seats sank in from the weight it was given. (name) let out a sigh and covered her face. "I should have been there with him. I should have met him and brought him home with me." She uncovered her face when the dinging of her doorbell called to her. she raced to the front and unbolted the door and was immediately embraced by Armin. He patted her back and cried. Mikasa walked in with Jean next to her. Jean had a sad facial expression, except for Mikasa, she was stoic. Mikasa sat in the dining room with Armin. Mikasa ate her dish quietly while Armin shared stories about Eren. Mikasa grabbed her napkin and patted Jean's face. "You're always so messy Jean." Jean gawked at mikasa. "It's buffalo wings, Mika." Mikasa stopped patting his lips. "You're right I'm sorry Jean." Mikasa turned her head to (name).

"How long were you in the hospital?" (name) abandoned the oak table. She started the kitchen sink water and choked out a cough. "I wasn't in the crash." Mikasa's eyes widened. "You weren't with Eren?" (name) turned around. "No, I wasn't. I was here. I was here waiting for him! but time dragged on!" Mikasa pushed Jean's arm away. "You let him drive at night? Eren can't drive in the dark! he can't see in the dark!" (name) took a step forward. "How the hell was I supposed to know that Mika!" Mikasa casted her eyes down. "don't call me mika! only my friends can. How did you not know! Did he tell you? Did he tell you about the accident? how his mother fight against the titan gang? The glass from the bottle they attacked him with, injured his eyes! how did his father disappear that night? no? and to think he was going to marry a Harlet he meets on the streets." (name) glared at mikasa. "How dare you! Eren loved me! He loved me so much that he left you! I'm sorry I wasn't with him! If he told me in the past we wouldn't be having this conversation!"

Armin scampered between you and Mikasa before you could get any closer. "Stop it! Fighting over Eren isn't gonna help anymore! We just have to focus on now! Please stop! Hey, Jean could you get your girlfriend and Levi! goodness grab (name)." Mikasa was engulfed by Jeans embrace. Mikasa pushed him back, past Armin, and aimed her punch at (name) face. (name) covered her face but didn't feel the impact. "Mikasa, Stop" Levi spoke clearly. Mikasa raised her other hand and backhanded Levi. The force from the hit made Levi stumble back. Armin grabbed her wrist. Mikasa shook him off and jumped on top of (name). She started to punch her in the torso. "This is all you're fault! You're worthless! I hate you! you ruined everything! You ruined everyone's life!" Mikasa was lifted by Jean. (name) turned over and coughed onto the floor. (name) started to cough. Suddenly blood crept from her legs. Armin crept down near her. "blood? she can't be bleeding unless." Levi recovered from the slap. He glanced towards the group. His worst nightmare was indeed true. "she was expecting"

---