17

Levi trailed behind Armin's car. "I don't mean to sound rude, you just seem jumpy around me." (Name) exhaled slowly. Her breath wobbly from the random heart attack like feelings bubbling up inside. (name) loved Levi. She felt her heart race when he came closer to her. That Levi could have been the killer to Eren. Armin made a point, if it was dust, he would have died sooner. Was Levi catching on to them? Does he know that her and her friends are uncomfortable around him? Does he know she kinda knows what he did. Levi kept his eye on the car in front of him.

"You don't have to do it you know." You flipped your head around confusingly. "What?" Levi turned his head to meet his eyes with yours. "You don't have to meet Mikasa, after all the things she did to you." You turned back forward and sighed. "Well, I want to." Levi tched and turned on the radio. The slow melodies of a piano playing filled the void between y'all. After a few tunes of pianists and cellists playing, the chime from your phone caused you to jump from your seat with fear. Carefully lifting it up you saw the message was from Armin.

"Where did you guys go?"

A lump grew in your throat. You slowly turned your head to Levi. Levi steered the car quickly passing another car. Levi gripped the wheel tightly, shaking his head in little motions. "L-Levi. Where are we going?" He broke his concentration from the road and scoffed. "Did you forget? Mikasa's, Why?" You lowered the phone and smiled lightly. "Well, we kind of lost Armin and Jean back there." Levi sighed and slowed down. "Oh right sorry." Levi cleared his throat and sighed "Why don't you care about me that way, about my whereabouts when we were together?" Whipping your head around towards Levi then to the window. "I did, I just...you worked every day, got out at the same time, ate, checked your briefcase, and left before I got up in the morning..." Levi sighed. "So you found Eren. Who was he? Student? Teacher? Cook? Or a janitor?"

(Name) huffed and balled her fists into a ball. "He was my best friend.. he was my fiancé Levi..." Levi lowered his gaze and back onto the road. "I know, I just, how did you meet?" (Name) inhaled lightly. She thought about Eren and how they met. Of course, he was a charmer, he asked for help on several subjects. Denying his offers he finally came out and told you how he felt. How many times he dropped the hint, she remember the first night opening herself up to him. He gave her more love, more compliments than Levi. Levi was nice to (name) from time to time, but Eren, he was the one for her. It was a couple of times that he hurt her. She brushed Levi's question away as saddened memories make her queezy. (Name) watched the passing cars and saw Jean and Armin driving next to them. Armin kept making eye contact to check on you. You'd smile back and occasionally waved. A few minutes of silence and they found each of themselves sitting in Mikasa driveway.

Levi turned off the car and walked around to open the door for you. Armin and Jean gathered next to you prying you away from Levi. Jean gripped your hand and Armin with the next. "Let's go." Jean and Armin walked with you up to the steps. Jean let go to open the door. "Mika! I'm home, and I bought some friends." Mikasa sat at a small white desk, papers scattered around. She lifted her head and saw you. "(Name)... Jean why the hell is she here??" Jean was gonna respond when you snapped back. "To make amends with you!" Mikasa scratched her pen across the paper. "I have nothing to say to you (name)!"

Levi stepped in front of the small group silencing the room. "Everyone calm down. Mikasa. (Name) wants to talk. Please just listen to her." Mikasa lowered her pen. She left her chair and sat in the living room. Jean waltzed next to her. Mikasa folded her hands and sighed. "Won't you sit (name), Armin?" Armin sat next to you and Levi leaned up against the wall. "Mikasa, I'm sorry... I'm sorry for taking Eren away from you, for cheating with him. I'm sorry I broke your household up. I'm sorry for the times you lost with him. I'm mostly sorry, for losing him." Mikasa kept a stern face.

She sighed as a single tear fell from her cheek. "Eren was more than a stepbrother to me (name). He knew it too, I was never family to him, I was his girlfriend. He was the love of my life, I've loved him since he helped me out, now that he's gone, I've realized I'm just another woman. I have no meaning, I'm not gonna give up if he's gone, I'm going to be strong and remember he's still here." The room fell silent. (Name) wiped a tear from her cheek. "(Baby name.) that's what we agreed on calling the baby." Mikasa lifted her head as panic set in. "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry (name)." She clutched onto Jean's arm as she thought about her previous run-in with (name).

"It was hatred, that made me hurt your child, I will pay whatever, I will go to a court, a trial. I'm sorry (name)." You left Armin's side and touched Mikasa's shoulder. "No it's okay, we got it settled. I promise." Mikasa tightened her grip on Jean's arm and finally jumped towards you and hugged you. "Thank you (name)." Levi sighed and walked into the kitchen. "I'm gonna make tea." Armin jumped to Mikasa side. Mikasa knew something was up when Armin clutched onto her arm. "Mikasa, we have a theory about Eren's death, it's bad terrible even, and it's about-" Levi walked back into the room with 3 cups of tea leaves. Levi set the tea on the table and prepared his cup, adding a small amount of sugar. "I just need to warm the water up." Armin shut his mouth as Mikasa's eyes widened picking up on the hint. She inhaled and shakily exhaled. "Eren." Levi stopped stirring his tea and turned around. "Listen up kiddos, what happened here?" Mikasa tightened her grip on Armin's leg. "You fucking bastard, I knew it!" Levi sipped from his cup. "You're an Ackerman, don't think you haven't used our name to do something bad." Mikasa ran from her chair as she neared Levi. She knocked over the coffee table along with the magazines and remotes laying on it. Levi and Mikasa stood in front of the shelve ready to attack. Levi moved closer when Jean stood between them. "You two knock it off! Levi! We were mourning the late Eren!" Levi exhaled and grabbed his coat. "Come (name)."

Armin gripped your arm. "We can take her home, Levi. She's fine where she is." Mikasa and Jean sat down next to (name). "She's fine." Levi sharpened his eyesight on (name). "Come on (name)."

Your hands started to shake. The air in your chest felt compressed together as you choked out the word.

"No."

"No?"

Authors note: k I updated, but hey I wrote this like a month ago, I changed it up a bit but don't worry, ending chapter coming soon.