Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Zack’s wife Sarah got to the house a little while later.  She was a petite woman with thick, dark red hair that went halfway down her back and green eyes.  The way that she and Zack looked at each other had me wanting to say ‘aw’ every time I looked at them together.  It was just so incredibly sweet.

I had to do another demonstration of my abilities for Sarah.  She was just as amazed as everyone else was. 

All of the girls were cleaning the kitchen while the boys went to play video games.  Why, since we were the ones to cook, I had no idea, but I wasn’t complaining. 

“So what do you think about going back to school tomorrow?” Sarah asked as she handed me a pot to dry. 

My eyes widened.  “I’m going back to school tomorrow?” I asked. 

She looked up at me with a confused expression on her face.  “Didn’t Zack tell you?” she asked.

I shook my head.  “No, he didn’t,” I said.  “I knew I’d probably have to go back sometime, just not as soon as tomorrow.”

“Don’t worry,” Variel said, grinning.  “I’ll make you look so good that no one will remember that scene in the cafeteria and that you got sent to the loony bin for a week.”

Arin laughed from beside her and I rolled my eyes.  “Thanks,” I said. 

I didn’t know how I was going to take going back to school.  I mean, I officially wasn’t dating Caleb anymore and I didn’t know if Michelle and Ally were going to even talk to me after what had happened.  I was also pretty sure that the entire school probably thought I was a freak now.  I really didn’t care about that, though.  This was who I was now.

“It’s good that you’re thinking that way,” Arin said, breaking me out of my trance. 

I looked over at her and grimaced.  “I forgot that you could read my mind,” I said.

She laughed.  “You’re not the only one,” she said.  “It’s okay.”

“So have you guys been to school?” I asked.  “What are people saying?”

“Oh, just that you finally went off your rocker,” Variel answered, shrugging.  “You know, the usual.”

I grimaced again and shook my head.  “Oh, great,” I said.  “You’re totally making me feel better about it now.  Thanks.”

She just laughed.  “Hey, you’re the one who asked,” she said.

I sighed.  “Well, I’m just going to have to go on like nothing happened,” I said. 

“Though you’ll be with us the ‘freaks’ and then people will really start talking about you,” she said. 

“Variel, can you stop?” Sarah asked, but I could see she was trying to hold in her laughter.

“It’s okay,” I said.  “I don’t care.  I really don’t.”

“We’ll see about that,” Variel said.  “You could have a little fun with it, though, and freak some people out.  It’s always fun to do that in public.”

Arin started shaking her head before she even finished.  “Don’t get any ideas from her, Lola,” she said.  “Last time that happened, Talen and Maverick ended up with Animal Control and I had to teleport in and get them out.”

Sarah started laughing then.  “I remember that day,” she said.

I really didn’t want to know what happened with those two for that to happen.