Chapter 15

Chapter 15

The next day, everyone noticed that Owen and I were acting nicer to each other.  We didn't really talk with all of them around, but they noticed all of the looks and smiles we would give each other.  Most of the time, Talen and Maverick would make kissy faces when they were standing behind Owen where he couldn't see them.  My face would get hot and I would look away, which only made them start silently laughing.

That night before I was about to go to bed, I was in the laundry room putting in a load of my clothes when I felt someone come up behind me.  When I turned my head, there was Trygg.

"Hey," he said, leaning back against the drier. 

"Hey," I said, smiling up at him.

"So I want to ask you a question," he said.

I reached up to get the detergent off the shelf and poured a capful into the washer.  "Yeah?" I asked. 

"So what's going on with you and Owen?" he asked, grinning at me.

I bent down to pick up my clothes in the laundry basket...and to hide the blush that appeared on my face.  "Nothing really," I said.  "We just talked everything out and we're okay now."

"Oh, really?  Just okay?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.  "By how cozy you two looked out there on the balcony last night, we would say otherwise."

"And how do you know that?" 

"Talen and Maverick might have snuck in to watch through one of Owen's bedroom windows," he said.

I groaned, shaking my head.  "And let me guess.  You guys slammed the door open to make us realize you were there."

He started laughing again.  "Yep.  The girls and I were out in the hallway," he said, laughing.  "The twins were there to give us the play-by-play of all the action going on between the two of you."

"You guys are shameless.  And there was no action!" I said, closing the door to the washer. 

"Yeah, okay," he said, laughing.

I leaned down and picked up my laundry basket to rest it on my hip.  "Are you going to be up for about another hour?" I asked, wanting to get the subject off of mine and Owen's new nothing-other-than-friendship relationship.

Trygg wiggled his eyebrows at me.  "Why?  You and Owen have a hot make out session in his room and you want me to put your clothes in the dryer?" he asked.

My mind only registered the last part of that sentence.  "Would you, please?" I asked.  But then I got what he said before when he started laughing.  "No!  Owen and I...no!"

He couldn't stop laughing.  "Oh, that was priceless!" he said.  "The look on your face!"

"Shut up!" I said, smacking him on the shoulder.  "And stop talking like that!"

"It's okay.  You go have your hot make out session with Owen and I'll finish your laundry," he said, still chuckling, as he skirted out of the laundry room before I could hit him again.

That night, I went to sleep the way usually did.  I changed into my tank top and shorts, brushed my teeth, and put my hair up in a pony tail so it wouldn't get all tangly while I slept. 

When I got under my covers and turned off the lamp on my bedside table, I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

That was when it started getting weird.

It usually took me about fifteen minutes to go to sleep even when I was completely exhausted.  I'd never fell asleep as fast as I did then.

And when I fell asleep, I started dreaming.