Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Everyone was downstairs when Owen and I got down there.  When they saw me, they all rushed up to squish me into a hug.  Even Zack and Sarah were there.  I was surprised to see them since they hadn’t been over in a few days.

Once they were over me being okay, I told them the shocking news that I found out while I was gone.  All of their jaws dropped when I told them about Alex, Caleb, and the others and how I thought that the attack in D.C. was going to be happening that night.

“What?” Variel gasped.  “It’s not, is it?”

I nodded.  “I just got that feeling.  There was something going on at that warehouse that Alex didn’t want me to know and I think it was that.  They even looked like they were preparing for it.”

I saw Owen clench his jaw beside me.  “Then we’re going to stop them,” he said.  

“But...” I started.  I think he knew where I was going with it since the only thing that I was worried about right then was him. 

He grabbed my hand and pulled me toward him, kissing my forehead.  “Everything’s going to be okay,” he said, looking down at me.  “I promise.”

I nodded, closing my eyes. 

I could feel Zack’s and Sarah’s eyes on us.  Arin took care of explaining for us.

“They’re together now,” she said.  “Finally, I might add.”

Owen and I stood there in each other’s arms while everyone talked quietly around us.  It wasn’t until Zack said something that we all turned toward him and went silent.

“Looks like you guys get to break out those suits I had made, huh?” he said, grinning.

“Yes!” Talen said, pumping a fist into the air.  “We finally do!  You never even let us try them on!”

"But this isn't just a dress rehearsal," I said.  "This is going to be the real thing."

"Oh, we know," Maverick said as we all walked over to the cases where the suits were. 

When Zack pressed in a code on a panel beside where the cases were, a swirl of air sounded and the glass that held the suits lifted.  Each of us looked at them for a moment before we reached for them and held them in our hands.

"This is so weird," I said, feeling the material in my hands.  "I can't even believe this is happening and we're going to do this."

"We're going to save people.  Don't think about anything but that," Owen said beside me. 

I nodded and looked back up at the cases.  "Do you think we need these weapons?" I asked.  "I would think that our powers would be enough."

Zack nodded, coming up beside me.  "Yeah, I don't think you guys really need them right now.”

After about ten minutes, we were all changed into the suits.  I was the last one to change so I was still in the bathroom, looking at the skin tight suit on me.  I could hear the guys complaining that they were clinging in places that they shouldn’t have been and trying to stretch out the material from their bodies. 

“Ugh, this is torture,” I heard Maverick say, and then the sound of a slap as someone hit him on the back.

“It’s going to be okay, man.  You guys are going to be shifting anyway so you won’t be in them,” Trygg said. 

“Yeah, so I feel sorry for you having to run around in a jumpsuit,” Maverick chuckled.

There was another slapping sound, but it sounded more like it was intended on causing pain. 

I looked back at myself in the mirror at the suit.  It hugged every curve, accentuating all of them.  The zipper in the front only went up so far so my cleavage was popping out a little more than I was used to even in regular clothes.  I was already feeling self conscious and I wasn’t even with everyone yet.  I leaned down to buckle the buckles on the sides of my black boots before walking out.  

But when I stepped out and everyone turned to look at me, heat flooded my cheeks.  

“Damn, Lola,” Talen said, looking me up and down.  “You look hot!”

Owen reached over and smacked the back of his head before walking over to me.  He put his hands on my hips to pull me against me and put his lips on mine.  

“You do look pretty hot, though,” he said against my lips.  

I laughed and kissed him again before pulling back.  “You don’t look too bad yourself,” I laughed, looking down at the tight suit on him.  

For the next few hours, we had a map of D.C. set up on a table so we could study all of the roads and make the places I knew was going to be bombed, like the Mall.  That was going to be the beginning of it…and I was going to be there.

“You don’t have to be the only one to take down the jets,” Owen said, looking over at me with worried eyes.  

“I can handle it,” I said, grabbing his hand.  “Now, what are the rest of you going to be doing?”

“We’re going to be trying to stop the others,” Owen said.  “We’ve got to try and find them, wherever they go.  I’ve got a feeling some of us need to try and head to the White House, just in case they go for the president or anyone else high up in the government.”

Everyone nodded and started talking some more about different strategies.  I just continued looking at Owen as I held his hand.  

I couldn’t help but worry about the whole Caleb situation.  If he was the one with the swords, then he would be the guy in my vision that stabbed Owen through the stomach.  I couldn’t let that happen.  I wasn’t going to leave his side…well, after I got rid of the jets.  Then I wouldn’t.  

The basement training area wasn’t in front of me anymore, but Alex’s warehouse where they all were.  They were standing outside of it, though, and I could see the jets in questions lined up outside with Carlos standing in front of them, grinning.

“You know what you’re doing, correct?” Alex asked him.  

All six of them were dressed all in black, kind of like we were.  They looked ready for battle…which was just what this was going to be.  

“Got it,” Carlos said, nodding.

Then he split so there was five of him standing there.  They all looked at each other and grinned again before making their way to the jets and powering them up.  

I was back in the basement and everyone was looking at me.  They knew that I had a vision.

“We need to leave,” I said, standing up suddenly.  “It’s starting.”

***  :O

Here we go, guys!  Aren't you excited?!?

Comment, Vote, and Like!!!1***