Chapter 1: Questioning

That's Derek Collins ^

It was another normal school day for seven teen year old Derek Collins. He was leaning against his locker, surrounded by his many friends. I guess you can say he was very popular considering he was captain of the football team and boyfriend of a bratty cheerleader.

"Derek, me and Jennifer are going out to some pizza after school. Wanna come? You can bring your girl, if ya know what I mean" said James who was Derek's football teammate and best friend.

"Yea, I mean, if Clare doesn't mind joining me, then yeah, I'll go" said Derek. In reality, he didn't want to take his girlfriend.

"Awww, you and Clare are so cute together." said Jennifer, James's girlfriend.

"God, you're such a pussy. Just TELL her not ASK for. You've been acting strange lately, especially when I mention you and Clare."said James. He has noticed his best friend acting weird.

•Derek's POV•
James was right. I've have been acting weird lately. And I get uncomfortable whenever someone mentions me and Clare as couple. Clare and I have been going out for four months, ever since the school year started. I liked Clare a lot but when she tried to kiss me, show any romantic affection towards me, or tried to go "further" than that, I'd push her away. I've myself have noticed how I've been behaving towards our relationship so I try to be more kinder and generous. And so has everyone else which is why some of my friends tease me for being "such a gentleman". I didn't know why but I didn't want to be with Clare anymore.... In fact, I don't think I even... You know?....like being with GIRLS. I knew there was something wrong with me but I didn't want to admit it. I didn't want to admit that.....
I AM GAY.

•Time skipped•
After the bell rang, I left my friends and headed straight to my 3rd period class. It was my least favorite class because it had my least subject, science. I walked towards my seat and surprisingly, there was a new student next to my seat. Usually my science teacher, Ms.Red, would pair a student with the opposite sex. (basically she would pair a boy with a girl) The student next was actually adorable looking. He had a Raven black emo type of haircut, a gray hoodie, and eyes that were the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Such mine are  light hazel and I get good comments about them, but his were different. His were a mixture of light blue and gray. I couldn't look away. The male was looking down his lap, drawing in a black sketch book. He was drawing a very detailed black Rose. I starred at the guy for what felt like forever. Luckily class doesn't start until ten minutes after class officially starts.

"Can you please stop looking down at me, it's rude ya know?" The multicoloured eyed individual said as he looked up at me.

"I-Im sooooooo sorry. I-I" I felt so embarrassed. I didn't even think he would notice.

"it's okay. I didn't mean it really. I'm Liam. I like rainbows, dead unicorns, and rock bands!" said Liam with a huge adorable grin on his face. He is such a child, but I found that's cute.

"I'm Derek Collins. I like...... Football?"

"Really? That's it? You must like others things" said Liam.

"I like you-r personality! I meant personality!"

"okay....I like you too.. "

He hide his laugh under his long sleeve. I could tell he was trying to hide the blush in his face. Just thinking about him made me blush as well.

"Every one take your seats please" said Ms.Red. I didn't even notice that's 10 minutes had passed by. I wished it didn't.  I really wanted to continue to talk with Liam. There was something about him that no one ever made me feel. I felt... HAPPY. But why? I didn't know what I was feeling towards Liam, all I know is that science is going to become my favorite subject. I just know it...

I'm over fangirling about this story.*has trouble breathing* I will update every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
TIP: Just letting you know, if you're ever questioning you gender identity, sexuality, etc, then it's best that you talk to your closest family member or a friend or even a teacher. I know it may seem hard but trust me I've dealed with it before. KEEP STRONG TO ALL OF YOU FROM THE LGBTQ+ COMMUNITY ↖(^ω^)↗