Chapter 4:

After finishing history and two other dreadful class periods, Derek had to go to science, which was the class he enjoyed the most. He tried his best not to be called on by his friends or other girls as he passed by the hallway to get to class. As always, he would approach class five minutes early to meet his classmate Liam, who was already seated in his seat. Derek knew he only had a few minutes to communicate with his partner, so he had to make this quick. Luckily, there wasn't any students in the classroom yet, except Ms.Red who could care less about what you would do before class. Once Derek arrived to his fourth period classroom, he felt nervous, not knowing if Liam would even say yes to the favor he was going to ask.

•Liam POV•
I was sitting in Ms. Red's class, drawing in my sketch pad while listening to Emperor's New Clothes by Panic At The Disco on my phone. No one was in class yet besides me and Ms. Red so I sat there in silence and kept to myself. I was used to being by myself since I didn't talk to any body in school. Everyone was either a huge asshole with an ultra ego or homophobic. I clearly saw no difference.
It was Friday and I didn't have any plans for the weekend except studying like the nerd I am and practice playing the piano for seven hours straight in a dark room by myself....yep... I love being social and shit.
I looked up from my sketch pad and noticed Derek nervously walking in. I didn't want to admit it but I did have a little crush on him. But I had to face the facts. A jock like him would never go out with a guy... especially someone like me. As Derek finally sat down next to me I quickly hid my sketch pad and earphones away in my black backpack. I felt myself blush like crazy until he asked me a question that made me want to slap the living shit out of his girlfriend.

"Are you busy on Sunday?" asked Derek. I could hear his voice stutter and break which was extremely cute.

"Nope not at all, Why?". I was keeping myself calm but in the inside I was screaming like a fan girl meeting their idols for the first time. I thought he was going to attempt to ask me out until..

"Well, it's my girlfriend's birthday this Sunday and I wanted to do something special for her. It's going to be here at school but I'm going to need your help. Will you help me?" asked Derek.

I wanted to kick him for bringing my hopes up but instead I painfully said "Yes". I really didn't help. Not after he made think he would actually ask me out. I felt so heart broken and like an idiot but I didn't want to tell him how I was feeling.

"Really? Thanks!" Derek ripped a piece of paper from his composition book, wrote his number, and handed it to me. I felt myself explode with excitement ....but in a good way though.

"Just in case you have any questions and I'm not around".

~Time skipped after school~

•Derek POV•
I was walking home with my friend James who can be a real jerk sometimes but also a very supportive friend.

"I'm not going to Sunday's meeting. Me and Jennifer want to watch Zootopia at her house and you I can't bail on her." said James.

"Aww that's so cute" I said saying it in a feminine voice. I always tease James for spending a lot of time with Jennifer but they make it work.

"Ha-Ha very funny at least Im not head over heels for a boy. And may I just say, black is totally his color." said James.

" How do you know about-

" I'm your best friend. I know everything about you. Plus I've noticed the way you look at Clare. You seem uncomfortable being with her. And if you want to be guys instead of Clare or any other girls then that's fine. But I think you should tell her." said James.

"I-I can't. I wanna tell her. I really do but... I just can't."

We stopped talking until James made a turn to his neighborhood and left me alone. I didn't know how react towards James's statement. He knew I saw gay and he tells me this now. I didn't even want to face the fact that I was gay. I'm not gay. I can't be gay. But I am not straight. Or am I? Am I straight? Questions about my sexuality ran around through my head until I finally made it home. I ran to my room ignoring my sister and mom, and crashed my head into my pillow. I cried not knowing what to do next. Tears went down my face as I yelled into my pillow for what felt like forever until I felt my phone vibrate. I picked my head up and got my phone out of my pocket. I couldnt believe it. It was Liam.

Unknown number: Hello it's me.(*'▽'*)♪ I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to discuss about the plan you're making....by the way it's Liam^ω^

I smiled and giggled at my phone like an idiot but thanks to him, I stopped crying. I knew I was an idiot but hey,Im his idiot.

Me: Hey :)

I made the drawing up there.^ Don't question the balloons. I don't know why I drew balloons. I like balloons. And also go follow Josavelaon user
She made a short story called Him and I loved it so much.
Adios every one and have a gay day.