Chapter 8

•Liam's POV•
Saying goodbye to Derek was dreadful and I couldn't help myself from kissing his cheeks. I didn't want to go anywhere without him by my side. He was the one good thing to ever happen to me. Since we haven't come out to the school yet nor do we plan to any time sooner, Derek lightly kissed my forehead goodbye until the school announcements came on. The startled students including Derek and myself turned to the nearest speakers to receive the news.

"Attention all staff and students, please report to the gym immediately. Again all staff and students report to the gym. Thank you."

I was quite confused with the announcement but since no one questioned it too much, I decided to drop it and follow my fellow classmates. The crowds of young teenagers rapidly walking caused a lot of conflict with people who are sensitive towards personal space. It was a closterfobic's worst nightmare but hey, our school is well known for the overpopulation of students. So who can blame them? As soon as I walked in the the first question that popped in my head was....

Where the hell is Derek?Unfortunately since Derek and I aren't in the same history class together, he sat in the way back of the bleachers while I sat up front with my class. And like the antisocial caterpillar I was, I sat by myself wondering why most YouTube ships weren't real?

Shouting and screaming went across the gym from the untamed animals I'd like to called my classmates. Once every one was seated, vice principal Mrs. Brooke settled everyone down by giving a well good morning greeting into the microphone.

"Good Morning Bulls! Can I get a growl from y'all. Let me hear ya now!" yelled Mrs Brookes as she demanded us to do our best animal impersonation of a bulldog to represent school spirit. Every one growled like animals and some even howled like wolves. The howls would usually be made by the football team or by a group of delinquents.

"Alright, alright. Good to see my bulldogs wide awake this morning. Now I've called you all here for an important announcement. The school board has decided on making the school into an anti gay community.(in this story same sex marriage is illegal ) So in other words if you're queer, you're out of here"
Everyone in the gym including some of the staff started to laugh. Some were even amazed by the idea while others could care less about the situation. And as for me, I was pissed. But..... I was actually scared. I turned around and looked up to see Derek sitting there in silence while the rest of his friends started to ruff house each other. He glaced down at me with worry, not knowing what to do next.

"Now students, if you know any one from the LGBT community in this school just let us know. That student will be banned from the school premises."

Now I was really worried. If anyone found out that I was in a homosexual relationship with the caption of the football team then I'm toast. My biggest concern was that the students who bullied me a while ago might turn me on. IN!
First my school becomes homophobic and now I'll get in trouble for being gay?
Oh great! What's next!

"Settled down students. Now if you want to acknowledge the person behind all this then let me introduce you to the head supervisor of the Oakham church, Mrs.Jessica Ray Collins."

At that moment I saw Derek's jaw drop. He seemed very embarrassed and from the look on his face, he seemed very furious as if he'd met this person before.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I got a message from Derek.

{Text Messaging}
Derek: Guess who's the lucky son of gun? :/

Liam: ?

Derek: She's my mom.....

Liam: no

Derek: yes

Liam: does she know?!

Derek: nope

Liam: so what now?

Derek: I..... I don't know