Chapter 6

~Monday~

Derek's POV•
I wasn't in the mood to go back to school. I was still a bit heart broken from Sunday but at least I finally made official with Liam. Well, at least I think I did. The kiss we shared felt not only amazing but, right. All this time I've felt like I was missing a piece of my self and when we kissed, I felt complete. I really don't know how to describe it but it was just.. Just amazing.

As soon as I got out of bed and into the bathroom, my sister Valentine came in to tease me like she does every morning.

"So, Liam huh?" asked my sister with a villainous smile.

"What about him?" I annoyingly ask.

"You two kissed."

As soon as she said that I forcefully covered her large mouth with my hand, as I leaned her helpless body into the bathroom wall.

"I swear if you tell mom or dad or even bring this up in at home, you'll be sorry. Am I clear?!" I said to Valentine's face as she eyes widen with shock. I would usually never put my hands on my sister but I couldn't let her continue teasing me. Besides, I can't tell my parents that I'm not heterosexual because they would never accept the fact I'm gay. They're religious. And I mean really religious. My mom is the head supervisor of the Oakham church near my school and unlike my dad doesn't help the church as much, he still wouldn't accept it.

I let go of my hand from Valentine's frightened face and pushed her out of the bathroom as soon as I heard my dad leave the house for work. I left my sister behind the bathroom door,on the floor with such shock and disbelieve. She has never seen me like this before. Whenever my sister and I would fight with each other, I would let her win or I would give up the argument. But this time, I finally stood up for myself. And may I say, I didn't like it. I didn't like hitting or touching Valentine. She may be a pain in my ass but, she is my little sister.

I felt bad for what I've done to Valentine so I opened the bathroom door to apologize to her. I peeked my head out to see if I left her physically injure but she wasn't there. As soon as I was about to check her room I heard the doorbell ring. I got out of the bathroom and headed down stairs to open the door but was stopped by two small hands covering my eyes.

"I invited your friend over." said the person covering my eyes. I knew that familiar voice was Valentine. I could feel her long dagger-like nails digging through my sensitive eye lids.

"Who?" I asked.

Valentine removed her witch hands away from my eyed and opened the front door. I couldn't believe it. There I saw Liam standing in the cold, wearing a gray sweater and a black hoddie. His small nose and cheeks were ruby red which were pretty adorable from my perspective. He stood there patiently as I awkwardly glared at him for almost 5 minutes.

"Well aren't you going to invite him in?" asked my sister as she noticed me staring.

" Um ye I can. Would you? I mean. No. I mean-" I was lost in words. I couldn't make up a sentence since he kept staring at me.

"Come in. And sorry for my brother, he just likes you a lot." teased Valentine.

I felt the urge to push my sister in a trash can.

As soon as Liam shyly walked in, he gave me a a small delicate kiss on my right cheek. Immediately, I felt my face turn red. I kissed him back and before you know it, we had our lips together.

"Morning" said Liam once he stopped the kiss as he noticed my sister watching is this whole time.

"I called Liam over since I knew you would get along just fine"said my sister, Valentine.

"But, who told you we-
I was cut off by Liam as he looked at me to confess something.

"I did. I called her yesterday and told her every thing. I hope you're not mad. And if you are, get mad at me, not her." confessed Liam.

I wrapped my arm around Liam's body as comfort to let him know I wasn't mad.

"So what now? Are you dating or......?" asked Valentine.

The room turned silent once Valentine asked us the question. We didn't say anything. I didn't know if Liam wanted to be my boyfriend or not.
I was about to say something until I felt Liam's warm hand tightly hold my hand. He looked at me with confusion, waiting for me to say something. I knew my feelings towards Liam were real and I didn't want to be with anyone else besides him. I want him to be called mine. And only mine.

I looked at my sister with a small smile on my face as I said the words I would never regret.

"Yeah we're dating". As soon as said that I felt Liam's hand become warmer. I looked at his face to see if he was okay but all I saw was a child like smile on his face.

We went out of the house at 7:15 and into my car. I started the car and drive off to school. Liam sat in front with me and my sister sat alone in the back. While Valentine and Liam were chatting and laughing with each other, I stood quiet, thinking about how the school will react of my new homosexual relationship. More importantly, how would my sorry excuse of a human ex girlfriend do to me when she found out we were through and I was with someone else. I dozed off a few minutes until I finally realized that I made it to school. I parked in the student parking area and stayed in as my sister quickly got out to meet her friends.

I was too nervous and afraid to get out of the car. I turned to see Liam, who was as nervous as I was, covering his face into his sweater. I grabbed his hand, kissed the top of his head and whispered
"Let's go out there. Together."

He got his head out of his sweater and looked straight at me with his colored eyes and said "yeah, together".

Hey guys. Just letting you know it's pride month. ❤
I heard that there was a shooting at a club in Orlando. I'm still not sure about the full details in the story but it's so sad knowing that many innocent lives from the LGBT community were taken. Please support the families and friends of the victims who passed away in the shooting. I just wanted to put that out there.