Prologue.

A/N- Story will not be third POV. Just the prologue! Enjoy!

Dread.

Camila had come to realize that her life was completely full of it. Dread owned her--it pushed her around like an invisible gale, trying to reverse her steps from anything that made her happy again. Camila felt like it was a timer on an explosive bomb. She couldn't reverse it or slow it down-- each tick dragged the girl forward, helpless and nervous to the alloted time. Camila could no longer avoid it as she continued to totter down the end of the mobbed, deafening hallways. The dread is an invisible demon sitting heavy on her shoulders and only she can hear the sharpening of the knives, about to plunge into her in slow jabs.

The pale girl knew she would have to face the nightmare she could no longer run away from, meeting eye to eye with a pair of vicious and facetious green eyes-- swirling with the olive, viridescent color that gleamed with a certain azure color, as well.

The beating of her heart was the only sound her ears processed, the organ pounding futility against her rib cage of bone and cartilage. Then the sweating begins, along with the moist feeling over her forehead that let's her know it's coming, with the tremor in her hands.

The dread creeps over her like an icy chill as she realizes the other girl stands only inches from her, violently grabbing both of Camila's arms and glaring at her with this cruel look over her perfect features. In the frozen state of mind, the panicked voices offer her only one thought through all of the others swirling around.

'This is it. There's no avoiding it.'

The trembling girl felt like a cow being herded into a truck for the slaughter house, only the cow doesn't know what's to come or what's it going to do.

Then she hears the cruel girl's voice.

It sent a chill down her spine, like a careful spider leaving a trail of silk over her trembling skin. It was the voice that haunted Camila everyday since the beginning of the sixth grade. The girl was beautiful, but she was a complete monster.

"Cockslut, Cabello!"

Camila doesn't have time to walk past the taller girl in front of her when she's pushed back, hard. The stuttering girl scrambles backwards, feeling her stomach grow heavy and her heart accelerate with just the green eyed girl's voice. Like hail on a glass pane, the drumming of Camila's fingers against her binder, clutched tightly against her chest, continued to the point where the other girl couldn't help but notice.

"Scared, Camila?" Green eyes search wide brown ones and pretty soon, everything else around the smaller girl turns into nothing else but ashes.

Scared? Of course she was scared--she was terrified, more likely. It was Lauren Jauregui, the schools most feared girl, due to her intimidating stare and spine chilling threats...not to mention how tough she could be during scattered fights, here and there.

"P-please let me through, I-I need t-to--"

"I-I n-need t-to," Lauren mocked, eyes amused as the rest of the group behind her urged her on with laughter. "You sound like a complete idiot! Look at you, Camila, you're pathetic!"

And just like that, brick by brick came tumbling down on top of her. It was like her shoulders became heavy and her inner organs twisted and churned under Lauren's gaze, the lump inside her throat growing as she fights to bite back the tears.

"You should have taken my advice yesterday," Lauren spits, taking the girls collar and clutching the material tightly. "Killing yourself would make everyone else happy, it really would."