Chapter 15.

-Never Edited-

Lauren's POV

"What happens now?"

"Do we call a doctor just to confirm it was a seizure?"

"Check her forehead, is it still warm?"

My eyes flicker back and forth between confused and worried faces, feeling a bit lightheaded with their voices alone. I had a bag of ice over my head and my shirt was off, having been taken off by Ally who insisted she rubbed my chest with some VapoRub to "get rid of some tension". All I could do was lay on the bed, eyes glued to the ceiling with five girls standing around with a dozen questions and a dozen comments to add.

"Ally, I really don't think VapoRub is going to do anything," I tell her softly, sitting up slightly when my entire chest is covered in a hot and sticky mess. I grab a tissue from my bedroom drawer and begin wiping it off me when Ally finally succumbs.

"I still think it does," Ally frowns, shrugging softly.

"I-I'm honestly fine." I sit up just enough to show that I was no longer dizzy. There's a pause between each girl and I look down at my chest, revealing old scars and a few scratches from my fall. I snatch my shirt from Ally's hands and sigh, feeling frustrated that they were making it such a big deal. It's normal. It's supposed to happen. Right?

I slowly put my shirt back on and toss the blankets off me, leaning back to look at the roof without a word to say to any of them. They were well aware of the fact that I no longer wanted to talk about anything. I begged them not to call my parents because it's been a stressful weak for all of us and the last thing I wanted was to worry them at work. I just wanted to forget everything about yesterday and the days, weeks, and months before that.

"I spoke to the doctor before calling you guys," Camila speaks and I look up at her, fully aware of the lie she was telling. She hadn't called anyone. She sat here with me the entire time. "She told me that it was normal for her to experience seizures after an overdose due to either stress or a common side effect."

Camila's eyes meet mine and she nods, now calming the other girls down just slightly. Just enough to get them to stop asking questions.

"Thank god," Ally breathes out.

"Okay, so it's completely normal..." Lucy nods, smiling a bit but still worried. "Okay, great."

"No more worrying now...please," I swing my legs over the side of the bed and standing slowly. Dinah reaches forward to help me and I give her a glare, immediately backing away from her and groaning. The blonde brings both hands up in the air defensively and also backs away to give me space.

"Okay, so you don't want us to worry. Understandable," Normani nods, crossing her arms over her chest. "So what? Now you want us to leave?"

"That's not what I meant," I give her a pointed look.

"That's what you're insinuating," She scoffs.

"Normani," I sigh. "I'm just tired of having to have everyone around me like I'm dying. I'm not a child, I can handle myself."

"We're just worried..." Lucy grabs my arm, staring into my eyes with her own dark brown ones. I slowly tear my arm away from hers and shake my head, sighing to myself and wondering why I was such a mess at the moment.

"Thank you for caring so much," I turn to look at all of them, sincerely. "But I don't want this getting in the way of our friendship...I just want to do the normal type of shit kids our age are doing. Not worrying about when I'm gonna have another seizure."