Chapter 2.

A/N: Ryan & Adam, both of Lauren's dads :)

Lauren's POV

In that moment, I funnel all my strength into my feet and use it to walk out of the door with my mouth shut and hands relaxed as both girls followed close behind me. The guilt swirling inside me was like an anchor around my neck, pulling me deep into the brine; and the questions being thrown at me were only adding onto the pile as if I was some kind of monster. The irritation was boiling up inside me like fume, the heat enough to burn up my body and visibly fluster my cheeks.

"Please, Lauren. We didn't know, let us help you--"

"I don't need your help!" I whirl around, altering my voice unintentionally as I release the tension and irritation that had been clawing to spring out of me. For the past fifteen minutes I had desperately tried to run away from my problems, literally.

I tried every hallway and every room but no matter where I would end up, both Ally and Normani would insist on bringing up what had happened.  Maybe it was the fact that I was currently bleeding from both my lip and nose, not to mention my left eye was swollen shut from underneath so I couldn't see as much. All I wanted was to go home and lock myself up all year if I had to but I wasn't coming back to this place again knowing the girl I hurt more than ever was here, too.

I'm just scared.

Completely confused and more concerned, Normani whispers, "Why? Why don't you let us help you?"

I clench my jaw, "Because I know what's coming, okay? You two will try to comfort me but will end up making me feel like shit because of what I did, I know it!"

I lean against the wall behind me and ignore the pang inside my chest as I recall the tears streaming down the broken girl's face, who had been fighting to give me the last of what I deserved. Despite the damage she had done to my face, it still didn't suffice the damage I had done to her on the inside.

"You were just a child," Ally swallows hard as she watches me intently, my trembling hand reaching up to wipe the dried blood under my nose. "I can imagine the hurt you were going through, but all you needed was help and you didn't get that. But we can help you."

"How?" My voice cracks, tears completely consuming my voice. "I ruined her, I deserve it all. You just don't understand how much it hurts to know I made an eleven year old suffer for three more years."

"I know it hurts," Normani takes a small step forward, placing both her delicate hands on my tense  shoulders as I look into her dark eyes. "But beating yourself for it won't help you, either. What we'll do now is take you the the nurses office and get you calmed down."

"No," I immediately fee my stomach drop and my eyes widen, "I can't do that. They'll ask questions about what happened back there. I won't be able to tell them,"

"She jumped you, Lauren." Ally frowns.

"I don't care, I'm not going to the office." I shake my head, fisting the material of my bloody hoodie. I swallow hard and look up at Normani through glassy eyes and she seems to be thinking, biting her lip with her eyes set tightly.

"Okay, this is what we'll do." She explains, "If we take you to the office, we can get you all fixed up and not have to get Camila into any trouble."

"How?" I croak, sniffing softly.

"There are no cameras in the courtyard, and no one will speak of anything because let's face it, they'll get their ass beat." Normani looks over at Ally and the other girl simply nods, turning to look back at me.