Chapter 6.

Lauren's POV

I cried in her arms for ten minutes straight, arms wrapped around her waist while hers gripped my shoulders gently, her delicate hands smooth against my skin. I didn't care that she saw me this way, I really didn't. I didn't care that there were tears streaming down my cheeks and mascara staining my cheeks, or the fact that I was shaking uncontrollably in her arms as she embraced me tightly. I didn't even care that she knew about my mothers death at this point.

Once again my emotions turned jagged and my insides tight. I let out a hushed sob, convulsive gasps repeatedly pushing past my lips as the girl continues to whisper sweet nothings into my ear.  I try swallow down the pain, I try to eat it up into my belly and wear a passive mask, a tentative smile and act meek, just like I always do. I slowly pull away from her arms and roughly wipe the tears off my face with the sleeve of my jacket.

I now knew why I hated to shed a single tear because of my mother's death. I didn't want to cry because I couldn't accept the fact that she was really gone, that she was dead.

I did now.

Lucy had explained that everyone knew, that it was all over the news. Clara Jauregui takes her life in courtroom after her husband is taken to death row. Not only did they know I was left alone with no parents, but Camila had spilled to everyone that she had known them and that they were my real parents. That the man that arrived the day the principal called him in was someone else, not my father.

Everyone was skeptical about her claim at first because maybe it was just a coincidence; but my photograph had been flashed on the news, stating they tried to contact the daughter in need to tell them more about my past. That just crushed me.

"I'm so sorry," Lucy whispers, wiping away her own tears that tricked down her cheek as she watched me silently sit down. I stay silent and stare ahead, trying to calm my breathing down as much as I can.

"I'm so depressed, Lucy." I admit, frowning at my own words and how idiotic I sounded. "I can't eat, I can't sleep anymore, I can't even talk to my friends like I used to. I don't want to feel anymore, I don't know what to do. I don't even trust to talk to my parents at this point."

"Wanna talk to me about it?" Lucy soothes my arm with her own warm one, her brown eyes staring into mine in a concerned matter. "I know you don't really trust me, but I really do care about the things you--"

"It's okay," I cut her off shortly, wiping my eyes softly. "I just don't really know how to tell you this."

"Just start off by telling me how you're feeling. You feel depressed, you say. Talk to me about it, I heard it helps a lot with your emotions." Lucy suggests, her hand still gripped tightly in my own.

"It just feels heavy," I admit, gripping my chest tightly. "I have to carry it around everywhere, even when I don't want to. It's always over me, casting this shadow that no one else can see but me. That thing hangs by a thin thread right above my head until it just completely gets cut off by--"

"Camila?" Lucy whispers.

"Yes," I answer with no hesitation, "It's like, every time I see her, I get this weird feeling. You know that feeling when you feel like you're about to cry but you hold it back, then you feel like your chest is filled with lead and your throat is desperately trying to free those tears--it's just...I really don't know how to explain it."

"It's okay," Lucy pats my lap gently, noticing my frustration. I sigh softly and chew on my lip as I watch her think for a moment, confusing me profoundly. I kink an eyebrow when she gets up, pointing a finger at me as if she had discovered something. "I know what you can do. Wait right here, and I'll be right back."