Chapter 17.

Lauren's POV

Sleep was becoming a tiny little fairytale in the depths of confusion and regret inside my mind. I had no urge to close my eyes and sink into the beauty of a calm and much needed sleep, because all I could think about was a pair of beautiful pink lips that were so close to touching mine. Lips that were so forbidden.

I shift to my left to glance at the clock on my wall and rub my eyes slowly, noticing the wide open door. It was around nine thirty and she had already left my room, obviously avoiding questions and avoiding me completely.

I shouldn't have tried to kiss her, that I know. But what shocked me was not so much the fact that I had the balls to do it, but because she wasn't pulling away. It couldn't have been the fact that I was tripping the fuck out, because I saw those beautiful brown eyes flutter closed and her warm and tingly breath on my lips. It all felt like a dream and as much as I wanted it to happen, I also wanted to wake up.

I shouldn't have these stupid feelings towards Camila, it just isn't right. Not so much because of our pasts and our reputations, although that does play a huge part of it, but because I have a girlfriend that I like and should stay completely loyal to.

I abhor cheating, and it's never been an option for me. It never will be. If I know I have feelings for another while in a relationship, I let my partner know and respectfully end what we have. But I can't just end a relationship that's been growing strong over the past few week, with an amazing person, and someone just as beautiful and as caring. I really like Lucy, in a slightly weirder way than I do with Camila. I just don't know exactly what I'm feeling.

Lucy is an incredible person, and these mixed emotions and uncertainty with Camila is merely temporary. I should completely forget about what happened last night and have a mature conversation with Camila about my relationship with Lucy that I plan on keeping. I have to push anything that's not beneficial to my relationship away, because I couldn't bear having to let go of Lucy.

"Lauren,"

I sit up quickly and sigh quietly, not expecting my dad to be smiling cheerfully this early in the morning by my doorstep. I offer him a quick grin and grab my phone me from underneath my pillow, checking my notifications.

"How'd you sleep, poppa?"

The older man shrugs and leans against the doorstep with this weird grin. "I woke up in a pretty good mood, you can say."

I grin, chucking slightly. "I'm sure you did."

"How'd you sleep?" He asks in a relatively low tone, drawing confusion out of me. I swing my legs to the side and stretch my arms and legs, giving him an odd glance.

"Pretty good," I answer shortly.

"That's good to hear..." He offers me yet again another smile, entwining his hands in front of him as if he were expecting me to reveal something.

"Is there something you need?" I chuckle, running a hand through my tangled locks. I start picking up the pillows scattered around the floor, which had been knocked off the bed because both Camila and I were sleeping on it.

"Remind me again which one is your girlfriend?" He asks casually. "I seem to forget. Is it Lucy or Camila?"

I pause at fixing my bed and look up at him with wide eyes and an opened mouth. "Dad, that's so rude. You know for a fact that Lucy is my girlfriend."

"It's not rude," He laughs. "I just assumed because she's been getting a lot closer to you than I initially imagined, and it's the same way the other way around. I guess best friends sounds more appropriate, but you know how I am—"