Chapter 8.

Lauren's POV

I had taken about fifteen minutes to shower and about five minutes to get some clothes on, which consisted of a pair of ripped blue jeans and a white Thrasher hoodie, along with a pair of hazelnut combat boots Dinah let me borrow. The girls were waiting for me down the end of the hall in the living room and let me know they were also ready, which was the only reason I was in a hurry. I decide not to blow dry my wet hair and keep it in damp locks down my shoulders after slightly drying myself with a lavender colored towel.

I adjust the hood of my hoodie as I walk down the hall and into the living room, where Dinah and Camila argued about what we should do when we get to the Mall. Normani and Ally stayed at the far end of the corner in a small table, practicing some song for Chorus group. My eyes flicker over to Lucy, who leans against the wall leaning against the wall with a toothpick in between in top and bottom teeth and phone in her hand.

"Ready." I call into the room, where all heads turned to look at me from the other side of the large living room. I bite the inside of of my cheek and try not to blush as much as I can, smiling softly when Dinah whistles and claps for me with a small smirk. "Sorry I took long,"

"Worth the wait," Lucy nods at her own statement, offering a kind smile which I gladly return. "You look really pretty."

I notice Camila near the front door and I can tell she's trying her best to make any witty comment, only twirling the key chain with her forefinger. I clear my throat softly and motion for both Ally and Mani to hurry the soft singing and begin following us towards the door.

"Took you long enough," Normani hums, swaying her hips playfully as she walks in front of me. I tilt my head back with a small laugh and slap her back playfully. Lucy follows close behind me and Camila notices, rolling her eyes with an annoyed scoff. I didn't understand why she felt so irritated about my relationship with Lucy, which she knew was pretty close. Everyone knew that she was crushing on me and I wasn't going to push her away because of it.

I think Lucy and I have gotten closer because of it, actually. I grip my cellphone tightly in one hand and walk out of the door where the girl's are heading into Camila's white Camaro. There's a small pause until Camila's done with locking the front door, walking down the end of the pavement before unlocking all car doors.

"Looks like I'm gonna have to carry you," Lucy murmurs loud enough for Dinah and Mani to hear in front of us. I look inside, referring to how there are only five seats for all six of us. I furrow my eyebrows and shake my head with a scoff.

"Are you out of your mind?" I raise an eyebrow, "I'm carrying Ally. Come on Al, sit on my lap."

Ally smiles widely and nods eagerly, stepping into the car after I do. After the shortest girl gets in, Lucy follows in behind her along with Normani and Dinah who decide to sits in the front next to Camila. "Buckle up," The boxer calls out.

There's a small pause of silence as the young boxer starts the car, the faint sound of the engine roaring alive before she shifts the gear into drive. I look down at my phone as soon as the girls begin to chatter, not wanting to be caught up in any of their conversations now that she was listening. I would occasionally nod and smile to their statements so I didn't appear to be rude.

"We're definitely not going shopping," Dinah laughs. "I'll go overboard and waste about three hundred in just twenty minutes. What should we do?"

"Dave and Busters?" Ally almost yells, excitement clear in her soft brown eyes. I laugh quietly to myself and look over at the girls who laugh softly, not including Camila who just rolls her eyes with a small smirk. Dinah turns to look at the smaller girl and rises an eyebrow,