Chapter 14.

Lauren's POV

"You ready?" Camila asks, her hand finding the small of my back.

I clutch onto the material inside my hoodie's pockets, looking over the stairwell momentarily to find two police-detectives sitting with my dads. I find myself growing a lot more nervous than I had anticipated, clutching onto the railing with a deep breath when I suddenly forget the words I rehearsed. I had perfected every word I would tell them so I wouldn't mess up or make anything up, knowing I would make myself look stupid if I was nervous.

"What if I fuck up?" I turn to look at Camila, who tries to remove the makeup off my face with a makeup remover. I push her hand away and tell her I'm fine, understanding that she wanted my bruises visible for them to take photographs of to take back to the police station. I stare into her deep brown eyes and she tosses the cloth into the bathroom with a sigh.

"How? Just tell them everything that's happened to you during the past week," Camila sighs, crossing her arms over her chest.

"It's just hard," I admit in a whisper, with a quick sigh.

I look down at the ground, still hearing Brad's voice echo through my head. I close my eyes for a brief moment and remember the pain I had felt on the ground, feeling humiliated and used with all the laughter and pointing around me.

"Hard to admit that Brad and Quinn hurt you?" Camila asks in disbelief, showing brief anger that it was even a possibility. I shake my head, knowing that admitting it was them was the least of my worries. I wanted justice, I wanted them to rot in hell for what they did to me as cruel as it sounded. I felt the same way I did when I was a child, hiding in my room after I was beat by my father.

"Hard to tell them, because I'll remember everything," I answer quietly, not wanting to sound like a coward. "I don't want to remember any of it."

I quickly look away when Camila's face falls suddenly, taking a step back almost to show me that she no longer wanted to push anything out of me. I can see her think about something for a few second before she looks down at the police downstairs with a small frown.

"You have to do this," Camila tells me quietly.

"Lauren! The detectives are waiting for you!"

I hear my father's voice from downstairs.

Camila's eyes meet mine and her lips pucker into frown when she notices the panicked look on my face. I don't understand why I'm so damn nervous about this when I'm supposed to feel relieved and better now that the people that hurt me have to pay. I just don't know whether telling these men in front of my dads will help at all, either.

I take a deep breath and walk down the steps, noticing the way the men suddenly look relieved I had finally stepped out after almost half an hour of waiting. I find a chair in between my dads and Camila leans against the wall on the other side of the room, gazing intently at me when I sit slowly and quietly.

"Ms. Jauregui," One of the officers greets me first, extending his hand out for me to take briefly before scooting closer to the table with a notepad in hand and a recorder in the other. What was it with professionals and recorders? "I'm Officer Winston and this is my partner Officer Jimenez...and we were called down here to talk about the supposed allegations against Ms. Quinn Fabray and Mr. Bradford Williams, two of your attackers on two different occasions, correct?"

I nod slowly.

"Okay, would you like to start with Mr. Williams first?" Officer Jimenez asks softly, his voice offering a hit of comfort when I look down at the table. "Tell us exactly what happened word for word, don't miss anything just because you feel ashamed of the occurrences because we're truly doing all we can to help you. And after, just answer some questions we have for you."