Chapter 5.

Lauren's POV

"Camila, I told you I was busy."

"I'm sorry, I was just really bored." Camila sighs deeply, a soft creaking sound indicating she has sat on Lucy's bed. I swallow hard and want to hang up so badly but I can't help but listen in as Lucy gives me a pleading look. I look down at the phone in my hands and it flashes with her number and message she had quickly typed up,

"Don't hang up, I need you to listen."

I sigh softly and cringe when I hear Camila's again, soft and smooth like she usually sounded when she wasn't angry or about to beat my ass. "What? Were you watching porn or something?"

"What?" Lucy breathes out, cracking a smile.

"You almost dropped the phone when I came in," Camila points out, and she sounds very amused. I meet Lucy's eyes through the screen and she laughs softly, acting very calm and recovered from the sudden outburst of her bedroom door.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I was just talking to someone." Lucy admits and my heart accelerates when she glances at me, placing a finger over her lips. I suppose Camila isn't really looking at her when she makes this action, asking me to mute myself as she continues to speak.

"Lady crush?" Camila asks and I can faintly see her figure through the corner of the screen. I can see she's wearing a gray hoodie with black joggers, her hair tousled to one side of her shoulder and there's a small smirk on her lips. "You hate texting, you always face time a friend or girlfriend."

"What? No I don't." Lucy mumbles, cracking a smile.

"Yes you do!" Camila laughs and her smile is vibrant and playful. I almost smile myself at how childish and carefree she sounded at the moment, but bite my lip to keep from making any noise. I quickly tap the microphone button on the far end of the screen and mute myself, sighing softly when the brunette boxer jumps up softly. "You're always afraid to FaceTime someone when you have a crush on them, so you text instead."

Lucy blushes and glances at me and nervously runs a hand through her hair. I can't help but blush myself despite the awkward position of the phone, where I supposed only half of my face was visible. I hear Lucy's smooth voice state more confidently, "Yeah? Well you'd be surprised to hear that I was actually talking to my crush."

My heart suddenly stops and I swallow hard, feeling that dull pain in my chest as the news comes hard. I shake my head and swallow hard, knowing she was only challenging Camila and most probably only kidding. Lucy smiles softly and she turns to look at me again, but all I can do is stare with wide eyes.

I look at Camila again and she raises an eyebrow, "Oh wow, really?"

"Yeah," Lucy nods confidently. "I think you'd love her."

"That's cute," Camila laughs. "What does she look like?"

Lucy sighs softly and her eyes shine slightly as she looks back up at Camila, playing mindlessly with the tips of her fingers. "She's beautiful, both on the inside and outside. She's shy, very adorable, and really sweet. Not to mention she's extremely smart and almost keeps to herself, and I like that about her. She's not like everyone else, she's not trying to fit in or dress to impress. She's herself and she couldn't be more beautiful to me. I may have hurt her once, and it hurts to think about it now. Then I saw her walking down the halls with those bruises on her face and she looked so alone and broken. I had to help her..."

Camila's smile slowly vanishes and I can see her eyes flash with something but she stays quiet. I can see her eyes stare deep into Lucy's eyes and she swallows harshly, slowly catching on. Lucy seems to notice and she continues, staring right into Camila's eyes.