|Chapter 2|

||Submission: the state of being obedient : the act of accepting the authority or control of someone else||

Walking out of the room, Arabella focused on putting one leg after the other instead of the beads of sweat that constantly ran down her face, she silently cursed herself for causing this upon herself. Her uncle frowned, unhappy with her exhaustion, she had endured much more than that and had come out less tired.

Exiting the private training room, They walked into the actual gym which was bustling with people and she instantly recognized her pack mates. Her uncle's face instantly turned stoic as her face was instantly void of emotions and now she was walking briskly to show she was unaffected by the training.

'Show no emotion. Always be strong. Even if you don't feel like it. Even if you're not. Be strong for your people. They depend on you. And only you. You are their hope.'

Remembering what was instilled in her for longer than she could remember, She followed the principle her godfather taught her.

But Did she need to follow the rules any longer? She thought.
She didn't think that it was necessary now.
But she didn't know how to do anything else.
The principles her godfather taught her was the only way she knew to act.
Arabella mind was in a frenzy trying to figure what she should do.
She did not realize it would change everything.

'Uncle, should I still follow the rules or-?' She contacted her uncle through their family mind link.

'That is your choice my dear Ara, but a piece of advice dear, don't let anyone say you can't keep doing what you do. It was who you are and it still is. You don't need to change who you are.'

'Thank you uncle Mike'

They spoke through a private mind-connection.

They stood up tall and proud as the gym instantly became quiet and all the people turned to look at them. Each of them bowing their heads in respect for their leader, her uncle, Alpha Mike. Mumbling the word Alpha, they bowed their head.

Then suddenly simultaneously they went down on the floor, on their left knee with their left hand in a fist behind their back, placed their right hand in a right angle in front of their body and bowing their head to touch their wrist. Each simultaneously said 'Alpha Arabella.'

Their wolves were submitting to her in the greatest way, meaning they would follow her through a battlefield and gladly die for her. They would do anything for her. Theirs wolves were healing in acceptance. The wolf in her snarled at the show of respect and gratitude for her, proud at what they are.

She knows what she is.
More like what she was.
Like what they were.

This was the ultimate show of respect done only for the greatest alpha, the most powerful alpha, the strongest alpha, the Alpha of the strongest wolf pack. That was done for the King. He had been King for years.

Her uncle eyes mirrored with pride as he observed the denial to accept the recent termination of Arabella's position..

'Ara,' her uncle contacted her telepathically again.

'Ara,'

'Ara,'

'Apologies uncle, yes?'

'You need to dismiss them'

'Yes, of course.'

Arabella's mind was trying to figure out what was going on until her uncle mind-linked her.

She returned her gaze to the crowd who was still on their knees and heads bowed in respect for the Great One who they thought was her.

"Rise!" She bellowed at them.

One by one, they rose from the ground and each gazed at her like because they hadn't seen her in such a long time.

This was the first time Arabella had left the house since that day. Arabella's uncle had insisted that she leave her house which she had been holed up in, after much time he had convinced her to come out. He had told her that it was time she shown herself and stop hiding, that she shouldn't care what people think.

The thought of displaying the failure and disappointment that she bared, that she was, made her sank in a vessel of pity and anger.
Arabella had not wanted to be of the position, but it was not her choice. Now that she had matured she understood this was a privilege, one she would not have. One that she wasted her life training to own. One snatched away from her for reasons unknown to her.

----

"Why me mother? Why not Ben?"

"It's okay dear... You didn't choose this. It chose you. Be proud of who you are."

"I am mother. I am proud."

"Good my child. Just keep on being yourself. It will get you far in life."

"Yes... Mother."

---

The memory replayed in her head, blinding her with the truth of what her destiny really was. It all started that day with an unwanted position. Until it grew into her dream, her proclaimed destiny, but destiny had decided that it would be nothing more than a dream.

The pack members attention were centered on the two as they looked at Arabella and their alpha. Not one looking them in eye. It was disrespectful improper to do such a thing and disrespectful to act like that. That is to look an alpha in the eye.
But then again she was not that.

"You are all dismissed!" She bellowed to the crowd as clearly and confidently as she could at the moment even, authority strung through every word even though she did not feel she confident.

She forced herself, her body, to walk briskly and as confidently as possible out of the gym. Her hand touched the palms of their outstretched hand as she passed them in a show of acceptance. Her uncle trailed behind her. Each pack member bowed their heads and looked down and whispered alpha as she passed and touched their palm.

She was confused to why they were acting like this. Her uncle had been depressed too when the incident occurred. He was the proudest right now than she had ever seen him. Arabella felt as if she was missing something and she was going to find out what that was.

**********************************************************************

Thank you for reading.

What is this decision?

Have you figured it out?

I'm trying my best to update quickly.

Comment and vote if you liked this chapter.

❤️Jay