|Chapter 18|

||Choice: an act of selecting or making a decision when faced with two or more possibilities.||

Arabella slammed the door behind her as she exited the King's room, she was fuming with rage. Rage for the king.

How dare he kiss her. She thought. He was not given no such right and she had not suggested that he could.

She had barely taken two steps when she heard the door of the King's room slam loudly into its connecting wall.
Heavy footsteps approached her and her hand was grabbed forcefully by the King.

She turned around to face the muscular chest of the King. Her wolf surfaced and she snarled ferociously with annoyance and anger towards the King and barred her teeth at him. He responded with a growl that matched her own and his eyes were narrowed with irritation.

"Release me!" She said, a growl mixing in with her words producing a guttural sound.

"No, you will come with me." The King said with authority intertwine in his words. Not wanting to cause a scene in the palace, he had no choice but to order her back to his room. His authority bounded her to obey until they were mated.

She gritted her teeth and bowed her head as she replied with disdain, "Yes, My Lord."

The King hauled her back to the room by her hands and she followed without protest as he commanded.

Locking the door behind him, he turned around to look at Arabella with seriousness on his face.

"What do you want?" She shouted at him.
His command had been obeyed she could be rebellious now if she wanted to.

The King's eyes narrowed as he stalked towards her. She harbored no fear for him as a mate or the King, juts utter contempt.

"I want you." The King said ominously, turning his head to one side to examine Arabella's reaction.

"No. You do not always get what you want." She said with disgust. She was referring to her position as Alpha in her pack that she wanted but he took away from her.

The King was now standing in front of her as he brooded over her. His naked chest within close proximity to her as she looked up to him.

"Arabella, if you cannot listen me as a mate then you will listen me as your King." His voice low as he spoke.

He encircled his arm around her waist and pulled her into his chest. His hand going up to her neck and drawing her hair away it as he bent his head to the crook of her neck.

Arabella was frozen in place, her wolf urging her to allow him to do what he was doing. The touch of his skin on hers was pleasurable as he placed a delicate kiss on the column of her neck.

"Arabella do not do this. I promise you that you will regret this." He whispered from her neck.

Pushing him away, she squinted her eyes to look at him as if he was crazy.

"I can promise you that I won't regret this." She said angrily that he couldn't accept the fact she didn't want him.

"Arabella you are being selfish and trivial. I am your mate, the person the moon chose for you. And you are rejecting me?" He snapped at her stubbornness and reasoning.

"It is my choice whether to accept you or reject you. My choice has been made and if you want to call me selfish and trivial then so be it." She spat in response.

Approaching her again, he held her shoulders as he looked down, "You can accept me though. The past can be forgotten so that there can be a future between us." He said softly.