|Chapter 37|

||Trust: Fo believe that someone is good and honest and will not harm you;
firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.||

Arabella stared at the painting that had become drab, common and normal to her eyes. Stuck in the cloudy white room, the only thing interesting was now a bore. Her wondering eyes that first burned at the intensity of the bright room, was accustomed to the neat colour.

She was growing weaker, physically and mentally she was wearing thinner. The Caribbean doctor had came and declared her diagnosis no different than what dr. Steele had alluded. What baffled them was the uncommon prognosis of her sickness. The king had just stood silent in the room listening to the the doctors agreement of the unusually case.

When they left, the King and Arabella was once again left in the silent room. He sighed loudly as he went to sit by her bedside. She laid her head back on the headboard.

"You have to understand, it was not me. I had no idea." He said quietly.

"What?" She said as she narrowed her eyes at him.

"My brother, he was the one who executed your dismissal. Your uncle's child, I did not know my father did that."

"Why should I believe you?" She asked looking away.

"I have been honest since the beginning. I have never done anything that would have caused you harm. I have done everything to help you. I am trying my best here but you give me nothing."

She cast her eyes down shamefully but she till felt angry. He lifted her chin sharply.

"What about me? I am constantly hurt by the way you treat me. Although I tell you the truth, you refuse to believe me. What else can I give you? Am I not good enough for you?"

"What about you? What about me? My entire life wasted training to become alpha!"

"It wasn't wasted obviously. You are my mate. You are destined to be queen."

"What if I wasn't your mate? What if I don't want to be queen? What then?" She asked harshly.

"But you are," he said to her softly, "you should start acting like it"

"I can't be that perfect mate you want me to be," she told him passively.

"I never said you had to be perfect, just my mate."

She looked away from him, she knew he was right. He placed his hand on her cheek, turning her head to face his, and caressed her cheek.

"Let me be your mate. I won't hurt you. You are hurting the both of us by denying me."

She knew she'd accept him at one point and being in the weak state she was, her wolf would happily accept the king to lick her wounds.

"I can't trust you so soon," she said to him.

"I know, but you will, eventually," he told her.

She remained silent and he took her silence as acceptance.

The remainder of the week, the King would come in and check on Arabella. Staying with her when she ate and before she slept. Though it was usually silent, the king enjoyed her company.