|Chapter 24|

||Frustration: a feeling of anger or annoyance caused by being unable to do something: the state of being frustrated.||

The King stood up from his seat, his curly black hair slumped over his head slightly. His broad shoulders and strong chest handsomely embraced the suit in protest.

Arabella's teeth clenched in irritation at the obvious reason of this meeting with the King's mother. Something she dare not reveal.

Approaching her, the King's gaze kept steady on Arabella, but Arabella's were narrowed with annoyance at him. How dare he coordinate such a sly meeting, of course she had speculated this but at least Vladimir had not been present.

"Can I talk for you a minute?" The King asked after he had arrived in front of her.

"Of course, my king." She said warmly as she looked at the King's mother. Her being the only reason Arabella was being polite.
Escorting Arabella, the king and her stood outside the door.

He looked at her worriedly, "Are you feeling better?" He asked.

"Yes thank you. Why was I requested?" She asked returning to her cold demeanor.

The King frowned, and reached to place his hand on her head to check her temperature. She dodged his attempt to touch her unconsciously and glared at him.

"I do not know but I have to go." The King said looking frustrated before walking away from her.

Walking back into the room, the Queen sat on a large velvet chair, looking disinterested.

"Greetings Arabella. I have heard so much about you." The queen said getting up from her chair to greet Arabella.

"Greetings, your highness." Arabella said before slightly bowing the Queen.

"Please call me Katherine." The queen said politely as she descended the stairs.

Arabella kept an impassive face, as she relinquished control to her training. Her posture straight and her body stiff.

"I know you must be wondering why I asked you here." Katherine said after approaching Arabella.
Arabella kept silent.

"Please come sit." The queen said gesturing to where she had been previously on crimson velvet cushioned divans.

Arabella followed her before taking a seat, looking expectantly at the Katherine.

"Would you like something to eat?" Katherine asked cheerfully as a butler in a black suit entered the room with a tray that held a teapot and placed it on the table nearby.

"Thank you Jullian." Katherine said and he left the room.

"No thank you." Arabella said as the queen offered her tea and snacks.

Katherine sighed at Arabella but still beat around the bush.

"How is your brother's training going? I realized he didn't attend the seminars." The queen said treading on thin ice.

"He is fine." She replied simply, not wanting to answer her frivolous questions.

"Vladimir has spoken so well about you." Katherine stated as beheld Arabella's beauty.

"May I ask why I was summoned here?" Arabella asked politely but internally frustrated with her banter.

"Arabella, I am aware you are mates with my son." Katherine said.

Arabella inwardly sighed at the foreseen subject of the discussion, the only reason people seemed to want to talk to her was about the King.

"I know what Xavier has done to you," Katherine started and looked for a reaction from Arabella whose face was impassive, "but you too are mates of the moon. He truly is apologetic for hurting you and heeds your forgiveness. You must accept your mate and duty as Queen."