|Chapter 26 - part II|

||Meet: To come into the presence or company of someone be chance or agreement. ||

Arabella was tired, she felt drowsy and nauseous. The night had barely begun and her body was growing heavier. The King seemed to notice this and requested them to sit. He led her to his table and sat her down at his right side.

"Are you sure you are alright?" The king asked worried.

Arabella nodded as she listened to his charming accent. They were sitting at his table and she had not realized it. Her mind was else where as she was offered another glass of champagne by a waiter who had been handing her the glass.

The king looked at her under a scrutinizing gaze, when she sipped the alcoholic beverage fervently. Her eyes darted across the room trying to locate her family.
She got up slowly realizing her mistake, sitting there with the king, everyone stared at them.

"Where are you going?" He said quietly as he rose from his chair when she did.

She did not answer and continued to walk away in search of her table. She was confused and dazed as she found her family's table and sat down. The king taking a seat next to Arabella looked worriedly at her. She sat there silently before her eyes widened at familiarity of the scent of Gardenian pack members that wafted through the room.
The king realized this and looked at her disappointed.

"My family is here." She stated as she looked at him, her silvery eyes bored into his. A deeper meaning behind her words.

"I understand," He said as he rose from the seat, "I'll see you later tonight." He promised.

The Gardenias entered the room as they were announced, walking towards their table, slightly acknowledging Arabella's presence at the table, they sat.

The dinner event of the banquet was uncomfortable as silence surrounded their table and Arabella chugged alcohol. At the end of the dinner, the full glass was balanced in her hand, her head was growing lighter and she could feel her entire family's disapproving gazes.

Arabella could feel her headache from the previous day coming back and she rose up to go mingle at Vladimir's table, her family paying little attention. The king had been watching her as she left the table and he immediately got up to go to her.

"I'd love to dance with you once more before the evening is over." He said smiling brightly as he approached her.

Her eyes narrowed slightly as she could feel her family approaching, their heavy presence behind her.

"My king." The Gardenia family said simultaneously.

The king nodded slightly in acknowledgment.

"Good evening. Are you enjoying your banquet, my grace?" Arabella's mother asked the king, her head slightly downcast.

"Please call me Xavier," he told her family, the hidden meaning unknown to them.
"I am enjoying the banquet quite well but I've come to ask Miss Arabella to dance with me." He said as he looked at her slyly.

"You have met Arabella. May I ask then when she will be integrated into the pack?" He mother asked the king.

"By the end of the month," he said smiling to her mother, "it was quite lovely meeting all of you. Now about that dance?" He said directing the question to Arabella.

A smashing headache had overcome her while her parents conversed with the King. She looked confused and her min was in a frenzy.

"Arabella?" The king asked as he took ahold of her arm trying to hold her upright when she wobbled slightly.

She snatched her hand away from him in a disrespectful manner. The Gardenias eyes widened with shock and embarrassment.
The King was too worried to realize Arabella's disrespectful action.

Her vision blurred and she brought her hand out to her head. The other ripping the black silk ribbon choker that adorned her neck before she clutched her burning throat.

She could hear the King shouting as tears poured out of her eyes as a result of her suffocation. She choked, no air entering her lungs, her entire body shutting down until her vision darkened and she fell into the ground into a beautiful mess.

***********************************************************************

This chapter was made private because it is very special to me as it represents the climax of the story.

What do you think happened to Arabella?

Will the King tell her parents she is his mate?

What will her parents say when they find out?

Will Arabella give the King a chance?

Will Arabella forgive the King soon?

Shoutouts:

rhon671
kindercressmoon16
__Raqs__
Fierce_Chesire
Missy_Elliot1
korean_babe05
InsidiousMind
nerdy_girl_1234
StalkerAtYourWindow
illegalkitty
Victoriously321
RJlovesDK

Thanks so much for reading my book.

Comment and vote if you liked this chapter.

Follow me for updates and news for upcoming chapters pertaining to Bound To You.

❤️Jay