|Chapter 36|

||Tired: drained of strength and energy: fatigued often to the point of exhaustion; weary or bored.||

"What happened to her?" A worried voice penetrated through the thick walls of the king's bedroom.

"She fainted," the king's voice echoed out, loud enough for Arabella to hear.

"What did the doctor say?"

"He said that..." her mind was tired, unable to listen to her failing body.

Her parents was informed of what happened. They understood she couldn't be moved back to America in the condition she was in.

The sound of the doorknob turning and door opening awoken Arabella from her sleep and alerted her of the figures in her room.

"Arabella?" Her mother asked quietly.

"Yes, mother?" Arabella croaked out.

"How are you feeling?" Her father asked, as he came into view.

The two sat at the edge of the bed, Benjamin broodingly standing next to them.

"I'm fine," she said her voice cracking at the end.

Her mother sighed, "Arabella, the doctor says that you are not."

She kept quiet.

"They have something to tell you." Ben said passively.

She looked at her parents expectantly.

"Arabella," her father began, "Mike has requested our presence urgently back to America. There has been an attack on the Western Border, and there has been many casualties. We have to leave today."

She looked away from them, turning her attention to Ben and blinked hard. He bowed his head, looking down.

"You understand. Don't you?" Her mother asked her urging her for the correct answer.

"Yes, I understand," she said, her voice small and her gaze hard. She understood, she tried to convince herself.

"Ben?" She looked at her brother with an eyebrow half raised.

"I have to go back with Vladimir to train today also." He told his twin begrudgingly.

"Okay," she said, sounding bitter, "then you all should leave and start packing."

Her face turned hard as she looked at her family leave. She scoffed after they left.

She wondered where the King was, she hadn't seen him for the past two day, she wanted to see him. Her meals were delivered at regular times and served to her and the doctor constantly checked her, the nurses monitored her and swarmed her.

She felt alone for the first time. It was foreign for her. She always had the pack to make her feel needed. She sank into the bed and stared at the painting of scenic beauty of the moon shining and reflecting on a sea of clear water.
Her eyes analyzed the picture, the opalescent cratered moon glowed gloriously and the pool of water was dark from the black sky's reflection. The reflection of the moon rippled in the center of the painting. A tear slipped out of her eye and rolled down her cheek onto the pillow.

"I'm fine." She muttered to her self, crinkling her eyes.

The rhythmic beeps from the monitor that signaled her heartbeat had become normal to her, a silent normality. She ignored it. She pressed the button that alerted the doctor that she needed help.