|Chapter 14|

||Regret: A feeling of sorrow, disappointment, distress, or remorse about something that one wishes could be different.||

The last words that Arabella had told the King were lies. She didn't have to think about anything, her thoughts towards the King were secure and there was no chance to her that she would change it anytime soon.
But she felt as if her something was amiss and her stomach tingled. The unknown which she felt was nervousness. She was nervous about confronting her godfather.

Arabella was trained excellently. She had been taught endurance, strategy, strength and many many things which were important for the Alpha position. Her heart hurt to think about the time she wasted training and studying so hard.

Arabella had spent the next day unpacking and cooped up in her house as she cleaned the non-existent mess in her home. She was fortunate that the King had not come to visit her. She had learnt that Alex was out the country, as he left on emergency royal business, she did not know when he would return. Nevertheless, she was grateful that she was not interrogated by Alex.

The King had planned to visit Arabella but he had been preoccupied by the preparations for the arrival of Vladimir and overseeing the plans for the banquet, his mother was throwing for him. He had not told her yet of Arabella. The King was not that excited for his upcoming birthday as it was a constant reminder of what happened two days after.

The day before the supposed arrival of Vladimir, the King showed up at Arabella's doorstep rang the doorbell numerous times and only stopped when Arabella opened the door. Arabella was wearing a green laced dress with no sleeves that stopped slightly above her knee. Her legs were on full display for the King's eyes. Her hair flowed effortlessly down her shoulders and framed her pretty face.

"Greetings My Lord." Arabella said stiffly. She was slightly annoyed that the King had came to see her. In fact, anything he did annoyed her.

The King's head had snapped up to look at her now. He too was annoyed but at the fact that she still called him by his formality.

"Greetings my Arabella, I have come to inform personally you that Vladimir will be arriving earlier than expected. He will be here this evening in order to minimize security risks." He told her.

She looked at him with a passive expression plastered on her face. She had expected this, her godfather had taught her this himself.

"Okay, Thank you for informing me." She said passively. Her body vibrated by the close proximity they were in. His exquisite scent wafted pungently through the air.
They both just stood there not saying anything.

"Is there something else?" Arabella said trying not to sound rude.

"Yes actually." The King said snapping out of his daze. "Your presence will be needed at five this afternoon for Vladimir's welcome dinner. I shall sent someone to escort you-"

"Thank you but that will not be required. I will drive to the palace." She said interrupting him.

"If that is what you wish." The King said as he felt his phone vibrate.

"One more thing." Arabella asked him.

"Yes love?" The King said.

"Did you tell him that we are mates?" Arabella asked annoyed at him.

The King's eyebrows furrowed, "No I have not as yet. Am I not supposed to inform anyone that I have found my mate?" He asked clearly offended. He had the right to tell whoever he wanted, he thought.

Arabella was very annoyed that he took offense. He did not even know the situation between Her and Vladimir.

"I did not say that you should not. I simply asked if you told him so I could be ready to handle anything he asks me. It was a basic yes or no answer." She said as annoyance slipped into her tone.

Before the King could reply she said quickly, "Thank you again. I must be going." And with that she slammed the door in his face and locked it behind her.

The King too in anger and surprise stormed off to his car and drove off angrily. Arabella realized later the consequences that she would have to face for her previous words. He just got her so worked up every time she talked to him.

It was only three in the afternoon when Arabella had showered and got dressed into a long formal black dress which had lace shoulders and a lace overlay. She had slipped on a pair of black heels too. Internally she was mourning and the black attire was purely coincidental.

When she was finished dressing, she still had at least forty minutes to spare. So she sat herself down and gave herself a pep talk about how it was going to be fine. Glancing at the clocks on the wall she realized it was ten minutes to five and got ready to leave.

Locking her doors, she slowly walked to her car and got in. As she drove down the road to the palace she had begun to regret her decision and mad thoughts entered her mind.
Maybe she should have fled the country, she thought as she drove into the place. Getting out of the car, she handed the keys over to the valet and stayed her name to the security.

Barely glancing at the list he opened the doors for her and led her to the dining room. As she walked through the doors of the familiar dining room, she could hear soft music being played by a small symphony at a corner of the room. The dining room was filled with chattering people, who all became silent as they noticed her presence and authority in the room.

The people all turned to look at her and then bowed their heads. They were causing a scene and she did not want this. The crowd had parted and at the end her godfather stood proudly.

"Arabella! It's great to see you!" Vladimir said cheerfully as he smiled at her. Standing right next to him was the King, who was staring at Arabella.

Yes, she really was regretting her decision.

*****************************************************************************

Picture above is what Arabella is wearing.

Do you think her Godfather is disappointed in her?

Will Arabella ever do anything but quarrel with The King?

Do you think she will stop hating him so?

Thanks so much for reading my book.

Comment and vote if you liked this chapter.

❤️Jay