|Chapter 3|

||Betrayal: to hurt (someone who trusts you, such as a friend or relative) by not giving help or by doing something morally wrong||

Escaping the tense atmosphere of the gym Arabella tried to make it home as soon as possible and her uncle retreated to his too.

Arabella walked briskly and quickly to arrive home, it was only a couple houses away. She would not appreciate another confrontation today because she just could not do this anymore. She was in a constant state of dejection and it was something she could not control.

Locking the door behind her, Arabella made her way up the stairs. Sighing loudly, she walked into her bedroom and removed the clothes glued onto her by sweat from her body.

She stepped into the shower and just stood there under the cold water thinking. Contemplating. Wondering. Her mind going back to that horrid day.

Maybe if she stopped thinking about that, it would go away. She thought.

But alas, it would not.

She could not control the flashing memories that constantly replayed before her. It occurred so often, so randomly but inflicted her with so much pain.

Stepping out of the shower Arabella remembered that her parents had something to talk to her about.

'Always be dressed appropriately for every occasion. An important matter can always come up unexpectedly. Always be ready to handle it. Physically and emotionally. And this means always to be dressed appropriate. A rank from another pack could should up. Be prepared.'

Another standard she had to uphold, forever embedded in her life by her trainer.

Her mind was in shambles repetitively as she tried consoling herself every time when she had to convince herself she was not defective, that she was well trained and she was more than deserving.

'Arabella, we have guests tonight... you know what to do.' Her mother suddenly mind-linked with her, startling Arabella.

'Yes mother' she replied passively.

'I think you'll like this guest.'

'Of course mother' she said to satisfy her prying mother.

'Your father and I have something important to discuss with you.' Her mother said.

'I was informed.'

'See you tonight.'

'Bye mother.'

"Be calm. Be dressed. Be prepared. Be ready." Arabella whispered quietly to herself as she readied herself. Her trainer had told her that on her first ever actual meeting.

"I'm calm." She said, as stagnant memories invaded her mind.

She walked to the closet and took out an outfit from the section which her mother had prepared for her.

Throwing on the first thing she could find; a charcoal dress encased her body with it's soft fibers. With a high neck and no sleeves, it overlapped at the waist and reached her ankle.

 With a high neck and no sleeves, it overlapped at the waist and reached her ankle

She brushed her hair one hundred times and looked into the mirror.

"You are prepared," She whispered to herself as she glared at her reflection .

"I'm ready. Be strong Arabella. You are a Gardenia!" She scolded myself. She was referring to her family name. It was one of the most prestigious and well know family in the world. Arabella had been prodded and pooched by her mother and trainer until she turned into a 'proper Gardenia.' And apparently that was as She called it a 'cold-blooded bitch'.

Walking out of her room, she went to find Benjamin, her twin brother and future Alpha.

Arabella knocked twice on his room door then entered. He was already dressed in a pastel blue button down shirt and a dark blue dress pants and he was now combing his hair.

"Brother, who is coming?" She ask while maneuvering around his room and she sat on his bed while she watched him comb his hair in the mirror.

"I can't tell you. But I know you will like the surprise." He smiled still fixing his hair.

"Fine, don't tell me," She said calmly but was growing impatient. Lately she had been losing her temper often and her bravado was slowly fading.

She only expressed some emotions to her family, she had learned to suppress them until the only ones she knew were anger and disgust now after being trained. Trained to not let emotions control her decisions and choices, not to let emotions control her reasoning. Arabella had heeded the advice, but it was over now, she could never become what she was prohibited from being.

"Don't let the power get to you head after all these years of being in my shadow." She sneered at him in mockery.

"Real mature Arabella!" he said angrily at her reference.

How dare he complain about maturity! She could be irresponsible now and childish if she wanted now. He doesn't have the right to get angry. She thought. The clogs in her head turned angrily as she analyzed what he just said.

As she reached the door, pausing after hearing what he said, she turned around to look at him, "Don't worry about me brother! I can be immature if I want to now. It is you who needs to be serious. That decision has been made for both of us without our input." She said, her voice brimming with venomous anger and a bit of hatred directed to someone not present in the room.

His eyes softened and looked at her. "Sister I didn't mean-"

Arabella stopped him right there, "Save it!" She bellowed, her voice accustomed and unconsciously abounding with authority as she rejected his pity.
He suddenly bowed his head in submission.

Surprised at his actions, she left and went downstairs to in the kitchen, somewhat satisfied with what he did.

"Ara how was training?" Beta Matt, her father asked as a smile made it on his face as he looked at Arabella . He was at the kitchen island overseeing the preparations for dinner for their guests.

"It was fine." She said as she thought back to the incident that happened there. The Alpha had probably already told him.

"You look lovely Ara."

"Thank you father."

He was avoiding. He was curious, but avoiding. Arabella knew my father well and she he would ask her a question soon. A question she could not answer.

"So Ara... Mike told me what happened. How is that even possible? Do you think that-"

"Father. I don't know and I don't want to talk about it." She said controlling her tone, she did not want to be disrespectful but her pack members had no right to do what they did earlier.

He looked at Arabella curiously then sighed.

"Don't worry," he said enveloping her in a hug. "It will be over soon." He whispered under his breath.

Confused, Arabella quickly backed away.

"What are you talking about? And who's coming?" She asked confused.

"You'll find out soon enough dear," He replied as he walked away.

**********************************************************************

Thank you for reading.

What do you think happened to Arabella?

Have you figured it out?

Why is she so bitter?

Comment and vote if you liked this chapter.

❤️Jay