|Chapter 26 - part I|

||Content: To be in a state of peaceful happiness||

The King was saddened, this wasn't a birthday bash, it was a death commemoration. It wasn't a happy occasion, it was a sad one.

He had entered the banquet late, he was distracted as he greeted the many people with best wishes for him. Forced smiles on his face as he thanked them.

The King was listening to an Alpha discussing an important issue in his pack when he saw a particular person.
Short chocolate hair that stopped before her shoulder, Arabella sat looking ravenous. Her eyes narrowed at him, his eyes widened at her beauty before he was forced to look back at the Alpha who was still speaking.

As soon as the alpha finished, the King rushed to Arabella's side, she was sipping on a glass of champagne.

"May I have this dance with you?" He asked hopefully, his hand outstretched for hers.

She was reluctant at first but soon after she downed the champagne and took his hand, standing up. Her dress was laced from the shoulder down to the bodice. A large slit at her chest revealed an area of the supple skin of her breasts. Another slit at the thigh down revealed her long legs and the King gawked at her beauty.

He led her into the ballroom as the music played. He let him had slide down her shoulder down her back, caressing her body and holding her to him tightly as the two were flushed to each other. Her hand clutched his shoulder and the other was in his hand that was raised slightly to waltz.

Arabella's head was slightly lowered.
"Look at me." The King said gently.

She looked up at him immediately and he smiled slightly, "you look absolutely beautiful." He said.

"Thank you." She said as her mellifluous voiced graced him. Her cheeks were slightly pinked now. She reached up and said into his ears, "Happy Birthday." Her lips briefly touched his ear.

The King smiled, "Thank you."

The dance was short as the song ended soon and the King noticed Arabella's family's absence.

"Where's your family." He asked gently.

"They are coming soon." She said to him with something he thought was distaste.

He took her hand gently and brought them up to his lips and placed a small kiss on them. A slower song begun and he wrapped both his arms around her waist and she encircled her arm around his neck.

"How are you feeling?" He asked gently, contented that his female was in his arms.

He noticed a small mark at above her breast. Seemingly a birthmark until the King realized it was the Gardenian crest mark that she bore. Passed down from alpha to alpha and to the successor immediately.

"I am fine." She said softly, giving in and resting her head in his firm chest.

"Are you sure?" He asked worriedly, that she had actually willingly embraced him.

"Yes. Thank you for your concern." She said softly.

He bent his head and kissed her hair and inhaled the sweet scent of her being as they swayed to the rhythm of the song.

"Arabella let us sit." The king said when the song had finished as he led her to his table. Maybe this night wouldn't be so bad after all, he thought.

***********************************************************************

Who else is happy Arabella is being nice?

Is Arabella softening up to The King?

Will Arabella give the King a chance?

Will Arabella forgive the King soon?

The King is sweet. Isn't he?

Shoutouts:

rhon671
kindercressmoon16
__Raqs__
Fierce_Chesire
Missy_Elliot1
korean_babe05
InsidiousMind
nerdy_girl_1234
StalkerAtYourWindow
illegalkitty
Victoriously321

Thanks so much for reading my book.

Comment and vote if you liked this chapter.

Follow me for updates and news for upcoming chapters pertaining to Bound To You.

❤️Jay