|Chapter 30|

||Confession: a written or spoken statement in which you say that you have done something wrong or committed a crime. : the act of telling people something that makes you embarrassed, ashamed, etc. ||

Arabella lurched in and out of sleep. Her body throbbed in pain and protest. She pained for the singular movements of breathing and turning on the bed. The Kings warm masculine scent cloaked her in comfort and security. She had not been able to tell if anyone had came to visit her nor what time it was. She was hungry, vet much so, but was exhausted and too tired to wake up and stomach anything.

When Arabella had awoke, it was because of the worried king who woke her up to eat. He almost looked as sick as she was. Arabella had developed dark bags under her eyes, purpled with fatigue. Her skin was sickly pallid and her eyes had sunk in.
The king too had bags under his eyes, tiredness was embodied on his face as he eyed his mate worriedly.

"Arabella, how are you feeling?"the king asked her softly, helping her into a sitting position.

"Not well," she said slowly, her voice rough with thirst, "does the Doctor know what is wrong with me?"

"No, unfortunately, their tests were negative. They are still figuring out what's your diagnosis is." The king said softly. Arabella nodded her head in acknowledgement.

"I brought you food," he says softly, worry etched on his face, "it's chicken and rice soup."

"Thank you," Arabella said, "where is my family? What time is it?" Arabella questioned the king.

"It's 9:30 in the night, your parent were here all day, they left an hour ago." The king said.

The king took the ceramic bowl from the nightstand where he placed it, he picked up the spoon to feed her.

"It's okay, I can do it." She said to him, collecting the bowl.

He had learnt to give in to her protests so he handed her the bowl. His eyes had glossed over, that familiar bleached translucent overlay that signified he was being requested. He was needed elsewhere, and urgently too. He looked at Arabella sadly, he didn't want to go but he had to.

"Arabella I will be back soon." He said to here sadly.

She looked at him almost pleadingly but said nothing. He got up and was almost out the door when she spoke.

"Wait, please stay with me, I don't want to be alone." Said She said looking at him weakly.

The king was stunned to hear her even say sound so melancholic . He looked at her, he had no choice now that she begged him.

"I... okay." He said defeated before he mind linked Alex to deal with the situation.

"Thank you." Arabella said before going back to her food. He moved her hair out of her face and tucked them behind her ears and kissed her forehead before he sat down back on the armchair that was next to the bed.

"I'm worried about you," the king confessed to Arabella, "I'm scared thinking about what could possibly be wrong with you." The king said, fear glistening in his eyes.

Arabella put her spoon down and looked at the king, "I've never felt this weak before. My entire body aches." She said not sure why she was telling him.

The king reached out and rubbed her back gently, "I'll tell the doctor about that. I wish I could do more."

Arabella was reeling in his touch, it seemed to soothe her pain. He continued to rub her back gently as she ate in silence, stopping for water sequentially.