|Chapter 28|

||Defeat: is defined as the state of being beaten or having lost.||

"Your highness." The entire Gardenian family said with respect at Catherine's entry.

The room went silent, Arabella was nervous. It was inevitable now.

"I am doing fine. Thank you for your concern." Arabella said politely to Catherine.

Catherine smiled as she greeted the Gardenias, shaking their hands and exchanging introductions.

A sharp pain shot through the left side of her chest, the beeps of the monitor that displayed Arabella's pulse quickened suddenly. A small hiss from the pain left Arabella's lips and the king was at her side instantly.

"What's wrong? Dr. Steele!" He asked her and then called out to the doctor.

She was surrounded once more, their close proximity stifled her but the tense atmosphere that was permeated with lies was the real reason behind her suffocation.

"Where is the pain?" The doctor asked quickly.

"Here." She said touching the left side of her chest slightly.

The doctor examined the area and pressed his hand into her flesh. Not a word escaping anyone's mouth. Pulling off the stethoscope from around his neck, he listened carefully and moved the cold metal across her flesh as he peered at the monitor.

"What's wrong with her?" Benjamin asked, finally saying something for the night. He was at her side clutching her hand in assurance.

"The arrhythmia is prominent. She will have to be admitted immediately. Whichever room you chose in the castle, the equipment will be moved there." The Doctor said with finality in his voice.

Arabella's breathing increased and her heart palpitated quickly. A whimper was let out as she clutched her chest in pain. The monitor sounded quickly with excitement, following the patterns of Arabella.

"What's happening to her." The King asked desperately.

"Sarah come quickly." The doctor said hurriedly.

"What is happening to her?" The King asked alarmed, clutching her arm.

The doctor removed the King's arm, "escort them out now Dr. Polo." Dr. Steele demanded.

The crowd was forever out of the room, all of them frantically asking what was going on.

"Arabella is having a seizure." Dr. Polo answered their question.

"What?" The King hollered at the doctor.

"How is that possible?" Beta Matt asked alarmed.

"Is she going to be okay?" Her mother asked.

"How did this happen to her?" Her brother asked in fear of his sister.

The other silenced by the stifling seriousness that was occurring in the room next to them.

"We don't know what is causing this yet but we hope with a few tests-" the doctor started but was interrupted.

"She's having a seizure! Have you even performed these tests?" Vladimir demanded, finally speaking up.

"Dr. Steele is doing the best he can to help Arabella but without conducting several tests, we will not be able to understand what is causing this and how to stop it. We have already sampled her blood for testing, it should be back in twenty four hours." The doctor explained.

"Do you have any idea what might have caused this?" The King asked, his hand gripped his forehead in worry.

"We can't rule out anything right now, it could be anything." Dr. Polo said to him.