|Chapter 42|

||Luner: a holy priest whose sole duty is to worship the gods and is a vessel for gods to communicate through. They are the most respected people after the King.||

As Arabella inhaled, she savoured the powerful scent of the King. She could feel his warm arm that pulled her close to him, cradling her, afraid she would leave. His touch left their wicked heat in their wake. She smiled slightly, his bare chest was pressed into her's, warming her body. Her eyes fluttered open and she realized her position. Arabella's head was rested on his shoulder, her face burrowed in his neck and his chin slightly rested on her head. Her hands were placed on his chest, his arm wound round her, and left leg in between his.

This was an intimate position, almost too intimate for her. The plan was going well, it was working too well in her favour. It had to be implemented at the specific time she choose for maximum effect, for it to hurt more. It was a outcome she would be willing to wait for. The link between them lit up and strummed, it was exhilarating. It made her feel sinful, evil even to think what she was about to cause him. But she felt guilty for enjoying it too, disgusted even.

She pulled away her leg carefully, she shifted slightly about to move completely. She stilled suddenly and thought whether to stay for a little while more to enjoy this while it lasted. She relented, pulling her face away slowly from his neck, and slowly removing his muscular arm from her waist. As she turned away, and was about to get off the bed, she felt his hand reach out and grab her, effectively turning her around and pulling her to his chest again.

"Where are you going?" He rumbled out in a low and husky voice, suspicion strumming in it.

When Arabella looked up into his eyes, they were clouded with gold and narrowed at her. And apart from the gold that glinted in his eyes, Arabella could make out something else, the same thing she kept hidden, distrust. His wolf was being possessive, the beast making its traits present with the show of the eyes.

"I was going to the bathroom," she said playing it safe, almost smirking when she saw his eyes flash back to its normal steel grey in realization.

"I'm sorry, you can go," he said almost afraid that he would push it too far and she'd retract herself completely.

She smiled slightly and tried to convince herself that it was forced, when she saw his sullen expression. His raven curls had matted on top of his head and some strands had fallen on his forehead. She moved to fix it, pushing the silky locks away from his forehead and onto his head, involuntarily. He stilled in shock, and afraid that he'd ruin the moment. She realized what she was doing, with no regrets because she knew this would work in her favour. She then turned away smiling, got up and walked into the bathroom.

Arabella cleaned herself up, brushing her teeth and then showering. She shifted in the bathroom, washing her wolf's fur and cooling her temperature from the heated bond. After shifting back, she washed her hair, wasting time, she just let the water wet her and run down her body. She went over her plan, she'd need to get him away from his work, distract him. She didn't dare look down at her new mark afraid it would change her mind. Make him neglect his duties for a while to stay with her. She could play the pity role, that was the easiest and the most believable. She smiled to herself as she made her way out of the shower, pushing her wet hair back, wrapping herself in the towel that she had left in there.

Exiting the bathroom, towel clad and skin wet, she was surprised to be met with Vincent still in the room. He was still on the bed, back to the headboard, computer on his lap and hands rubbing tired eyes. It was then that Arabella took the time to observe him. His tired eyes, that were dark underneath revealed his true demeanor. It was true what they said, the eyes were the gateway to the soul. When he saw her, in a mere towel, his eyes flashed gold and she could see his clenched fists at his sides. His jaw clenched, ticking slightly as he clenched and unclenched his teeth.