|Chapter 35|

||Immune: protected or exempted from a specific obligation or the effects of something; resistance.||

The heavy breaths from the king as he panted with nervousness and anxiety, awaiting the doctor echoed through the room.

"Where is he?" He yelled into his phone, gripping the phone tightly, it was now dented from the impact of his squeezing fingers.

"He just entered the grounds, sire." The voice of the receptionist for his office, breathed nervously into the phone.

Upon hearing that, he ended the call and shut his phone off immediately. Arabella lay peacefully on his bed, he had smoothed back her hair. Her rapid pulse of her heartbeat could be heard from across the room. Her pallid skin was serous with sweat and her closed eyes revealed the dark circles the crested her face.

Doctor. Steele burst into the room, alarmed, "What happened to her?" He asked taking off the stethoscope from around his neck.

Looking closely at her, crimson blood slid down the side of her face from her nose, contrasting against her pale skin.

"She-she attacked me and tried to fight me, and then we had an argument and she fainted. What's happening to her?" He asked the doctor desperately.

The doctor wiped the blood from her face before he placed the stethoscope by her chest, listening carefully to the palpitations. He attached back the wires to the machines to her that she had removed form herself before analyzing the results on the screen. Her heart rate was escalating and her breathing was laboured.

The doctor sighed deeply, "she over exerted her self. She's unconscious for now since her body has been strained. It will take some time to replenish." He told the king.

"What about the chemicals you found in her system? Is this the cause?" The king asked.

"We have discovered that the chemical is mercury. And the high doses of consumption does not suggest it was accidental. It has poisoned her blood, her kidneys are trying to filter out the chemical. We might have to put her on dialysis. Even for a lycan, it can be difficult, so I suggest that you keep her safe and calm."

"Yes doctor, thank you." He said worriedly as he looked at Arabella's state.

"For now, I'll sedate her so she can calm down and have some rest so her energy can be regenerated."

"Thank you Steele." The king said to him.

"It's a pleasure to serve you, Sire." The doctor said to him.

Doctor. Polo entered the room, with a filled syringe and give it to Dr. Steele. Tying a glove right above her elbow, he felt for her veins, without any luck, he searched the tops of her hand. Removing the glove, he tied it tightly on the other hand; her right side above the elbow, and searched again.

"What's the problem?" The king asked sensing dr. Steele's reluctance.

"She is extremely dehydrated, and it's causing her veins to be difficult to locate." He said as he relocated the glove to her right wrist.

Flicking it gently, he peered at her hand before he placed the needle into her hand and entered the contents into her blood before pulling it out of her hand.

"That should help. Don't let her eat food for the next three hours. When she wakes up I'll come to check on her." He told the king before he left.