|Chapter 19|

||Possessive: having or manifesting a desire to control or dominate another, especially in order to limit that person's relationships with others.||

Arabella's godparents had left already to attend the Hunt. She was dressed and ready to go. But after the conversation with Cassandra she was livid at their agreement with the King and had to let the irate thoughts pass before she could leave.

The events of the day left her body exhausted, she had began feeling tired these few days in England. But she brushed it off and blamed it on the climate of the country.

She had drove all the way to the castle and joined the growing crowd in the sparring area that had been cleaned up after the day's event. The King's people all dressed in white, arrived and awaited his presence for the Moon Lambency Ceremony.

An ivory button down shirt and white dress pants adorned the body of the King. An exquisite view of the King was on display for Arabella as he stood on the podium of the area.

"Good Evening." The King's deep voice resonated from the speakers as he spoke through the mike.
The crowd immediately started cheering for their Alpha, their King. Arabella was quiet as she observed the affection these people had for her mate.

The King flashed the crowd a small grin before he spoke again.

"Tonight we will bask in the moon's blessings as we partake in the Hunt; the food that the moon will present us with. We must thank the moon for what she has given us and what she has done for us."

The crowd roared in agreement with the King's words as he paused.

"Tonight we will feast!" He shouted before he shredded his clothes and shed his skin for a shaggy black coat of fur.

He was as impressive in his bestial wolf form as his form that of his human's. He was easily the same height as before.

A thick fleece of raven hair encased the body of the massive wolf. Striking silvery steel eyes searched the crowd for a trace of his mate as they narrowed to an Arabella who drowned in all his glory. Excitement that mate was found has the tail of the King's wolf wagging in happiness.

After their leader had shifted, the crowd got on all fours as they began the process of the painful transformation. The King's transformation made it seem quick and easy to shift but it wasn't for commoners only to the well trained.

Arabella's eyes connected with the King's and never left them as she stripped from her dress and shifted in no time.
Surprise and admiration engulfed the King as Arabella's beautiful wolf sat on her haunches and bathed in the moonlight.

A husky silvery pelage enveloped Arabella's wolf form. Her eyes the same as her human's. The elegant wolf poised her head to the moon thanking her for giving Arabella such a magnificent male.

The King approached Arabella and beckoned her into the forest behind the castle. Following the King, her tail wagged in excitement of the thought of a fresh kill and being in such close proximity with her destined male.

The scent of the King was the most prominent in the forest as it intermingled with the smell of rain, soil and the vague scent of forest animals that disseminated from the forest.

The opalescent light from the sun's sister in the cloudless sky washed the trees and the forest ground in its glory. The moon's mesmerizing glow drawing out the animals for the hunt.

The expectant King realized Arabella had departed from the journey where he was going to hunt and feed her. Arabella was on the trail of a hare when she caught a whiff of its scrumptious scent.

Arabella's eyes had narrowed on the brown body of the hare. Long brown ears and feet with a beige stomach, its long neck delectable was it made for an easy kill. Her wolf crouched down low as the shrubs tickled her under belly, readying herself for the kill. She pounced on the innocent hare and her jaws locked onto its neck in an easy action, she snapped it effortlessly.

Laying on her belly, flat on the forest floor, she was enjoying her meal when the King approached her. His raven wolf had golden eyes as he approached her with a quail in his mouth.

Standing instantly, she stood over her kill protectively as she growled lowly with possessiveness. Disrespect

The King looked at her with annoyance, dropping the quail at her feet he circled her. The quail was an offering, a male hunting for his mate had significance.

She looked at it with no appeal as she lay down back to finish her meal. Her wolf found his as no threat but did not accept his offering.

The King looked at her with interest as he inched closer to her and sniffed her neck. Gently pushing her head in the direction of his offering, his force gradually increased.
He then tried to push her kill away from her which resulted in low growls from Arabella. He knew he was pushing it as troubling with a wolf's kill was dangerous. They were feral animals when it came to possessiveness and vicious to intruders. Something he knew he unfortunately was.

His mouth latched into the paw of the hare as he slowly pulled it away. Arabella noticed this and snapped her teeth at him. He did not release it and dragged it further away from him. She relented her displeasure in a show of disrespect as her emotions intensified in bestial form when her anger got the better of her as she sunk her teeth into his paw.
Letting out a small whimper as he released the hare, shocked he growled at her. Lifting his paw off the ground, he inspected his injury and let out a growl at his mate.

Four wolves suddenly appeared from the bushes and surrounded them, snarling in anger. Closing in they snapped their jaws and barred their teeth in ferocity at the two. Arabella stood protectively and possessively in front of the King as she matched their snarls and growls with much authority and power. As Arabella was about to lunge at one of the wolves, the King released a loud growl that silenced the wolves.

Arabella still stood in front of the King's wolf growling lowly at her proclaimed danger, her ears were flat against her head and her fur raised in hackles in defensive mode. The four wolves began retreating when the King nodded his furry head.

The King's placed his now bloodied paw back on the ground and stood tall. Arabella's wolf felt remorse for her actions but did not show apology or submission .

Arabella had realized that the four wolves were the King's guard and had come to maim the wolf who dared to wound the King, even though he was perfectly capable of fighting his own battle.

The King licked his paw in an attempt to heal it, he was purposely exaggerating when he whimpered lowly to get Arabella's attention.
Paying him no attention, she scarfed down the remaining of her kill and began her way back to the arena, satisfied with her kill and annoyed with the King.

Walking to the quail he placed before her, she sniffed it before picking it up into her jaws and chucked it away in an act of scorn and abhor.
It was when a low growl was heard and the King pinned her down she knew she had pushed it too far.

*********************************************************************************

The Poor King.

Do you think Arabella is sorry for hurting him?

Do you think Arabella should've accepted the offering?

Does it seem like Arabella will accept the King as her mate soon?

Thanks so much for reading my book.

Comment and vote if you liked this chapter.

❤️Jay