I'll Never Admit It

"So how was dinner with the parents?" Beck wonders as he sits on the bar.

"And the brothers." Ace laughs.

"Was there a lot of yelling?" Zac laughs and nearly falls off the bar.

Hannah and I are the only ones doing what we're supposed to be doing. We are taking chairs off tables and placing them. Beck, Ace, and Zac are supposed to be preparing for the bar to open but are sitting on the bar watching us work.

"My brothers are pissed off about me hanging around Tommy Lee." I explain. "It's really hard not to make them cry in front of their wives."

"Why do Eddie and Alex care so much about who you hang around with?" Hannah wonders.

"They think that they know what's best for me." I say.

"We do know what's best for you!" Alex calls as the whole Van Halen line up walks in the bar.

"We're not open yet!" Zac yells from the bar.

"We just want our table!" David yells back as they all drop in the booth.

"But we do know what's best for you." Eddie states. "Tommy Lee isn't."

"I love you guys but that's not for you to decide and besides Tommy and I are just friends." I state.

"Not by Tommy's choice." Michael laughs.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Eddie, Alex, and I say in unison making everyone laugh.

"You Van Halens are so cute." CC calls as him and his band walk in the back door.

I go cross eyed as Hannah hangs off her boyfriend.

There's nothing specifically that annoys me about CC, it's just everything about him. He's kinda an asshole but he makes Hannah happy. If he could make her happy and not try to get me to get my brothers to get his band signed simultaneously then everything would be perfect.

"Hey Van Halen, did you talk to your brothers yet?" CC yells .

"About what?" Eddie wonders confused.

"He wants to have a three way with the two of you while Bret and your wives watch." I say sarcastically and their faces twist in disgust.

"Hey Katie, I'm talking to ya!" CC yells then laughs with his friends and I roll my eyes again.

"You can go kick his ass." I say. "I'm going for a smoke."

"Smoking is bad for you!" Alex and Eddie yell as I walk away.

"You should take that advice." I call back.

I walk out the back door and into the alley. I sit on the bottom step and pull my pack of cigarettes out of my jacket pocket as well with my lighter. I light up a cigarette and breath out smoke, I watch the little cloud of smoke disappear into nothingness. I flick the end of my smoke and ash flies off as four bikes drive down the alley towards the parking lot. One stops.

"Smoking is bad for you." Tommy's voice calls and I smile.

"You sound like my brothers." I laugh and he smiles.

"Gross." He jokes.

"And you smoke more than I do." I remind him.

"Well no one asked you, Katie." Tommy smiles. "Anyways, is there any chance that we can get our table early?"

"Sure, I mean CC's wannabe band and Van Halen is already in there so what's one more band." I laugh and he smiles.

"You're the best." He says as he rolls back towards the parking lot.

Tommy

Katie and Hannah run around the bar bringing people their orders.

Katie looks like she honestly loves her job so much and she loves being around people. Other than when she's at the Van Halen table, I'm almost positive that she's having a bit of problems with Eddie and Alex. I'm guessing it's a normal sibling thing, I mean I fight with Athena all the time.

"Hey Tommy, blonde at the bar." Nikki pulls me out of my thoughts. "She's been looking at you for the past fifteen minutes."

"Going to go for it?" Vince wonders and I shake my head.

"Nah." I admit and he smiles.

"You're hung up on the little Van Halen, aren't you?" The singer wonders and I shift.

"No." I answer quickly and he laughs.

"Liar." Vince laughs and I roll my eyes as Katie comes up to the table.

"T-Bone, blonde at the bar is looking at you." Katie says and I smile.

"Not going for it tonight." I admit and she makes a face.

"Are you sure you're Tommy?" She asks and I laugh. "Or is it your inferiority complex?"

"You're what?" Nikki laughs.

"You're an asshole." I say and she nods.

"Damn proud of it too." Katie says and grabs my wrist. "Come on, you're talking to her."

Katie pulls me up to the bar where this girl is sitting and I'm really uneasy about all of this. I mean yes this girl is really hot but I'm not interested in her, all I'm interested in right now is the little waitress that's trying to set me up with this blonde.

"So our manager doesn't like drool on the floor so this is Tommy." Katie introduces me.

"I'm Star." The blonde says and I resist every urge not to roll my eyes.

Star? What kind of fucking name is that? Was your dad fucking Jupiter or something? Jesus Christ, some people's kids.

Katie

"See?" I say as I deliver more drinks to Van Halen table. "Tommy isn't even interested in me, he's talking to that blonde. Eddie, Alex, you have absolutely nothing to worry about."

I know I brought Tommy over to the blonde but I am kinda regretting it. I mean Tommy is really sweet, and funny, and has really beautiful eyes, and a really perfect smile, and this blonde is enjoying every little bit of it.

Maybe I like Tommy a little bit but Eddie and Alex can't know that. I can't and I won't ever admit to liking him. The main reason is because Tommy would never see me like that, we'll always just be friends.

Tommy

"--and I love Mötley Crüe so much! You're my favourite of course." Star giggles and twirls her hair.

I've been trying really hard to listen to this girl but I can't see anything I like about her. One of her eyes is a very little bit bigger than the other and slightly higher. Her hair part isn't straight. She has a minuscule gap between her front teeth. I can't focus on any of the good things about this broad.

I can see Katie's bright smile from across the bar. I can see how the shorter parts of her dark brown hair is slipping out of her ponytail and she tucks the hair behind her ears. I can she her hazel eyes sparkle every time she laughs. I can see every perfect detail about Katie but absolutely nothing about this pretty girl sitting across from me.

"---when I was fifteen I met Mick Jagger and he said I had real talent. I'd love to sing for you some time."

I wonder what's going through Katie's head. I wonder if I'm going through her head. She hasn't really left my mind since I met her. Katie and her smile, and her laugh, and every little thing about her.

I am pretty crazy about her but I don't think I'll ever tell anyone that, especially Katie. There's no way she'll see me as anything but a friend, I mean she tried to set me up with this blonde ditz.

"---He'll be the love in your eyes/ He'll be the blood between your thighs." Star sing as tone deafly as humanly possible and that brings me back to reality.

"Look I'm sure you're a great girl but I remember that I have to call my yia yia before she goes to bed." I say quickly.

I get off the stool and knock it over in the process. I walk directly out of the bar and don't look back. If I sat with that girl for a minute longer my brain was going to explode.