Straight Flush

Tommy and I walk into Alex's house where we're all spending New Year's Eve. I hold Melody in my arms and she makes little baby babble noises. Tommy is always polite and rings the doorbell, no matter how many times I tell him that no one in our family knocks or rings the doorbell.

Kelley opens the door and smiles at us.

"Hi, guys. You're kinda late but it's not midnight yet so I guess you get a freebie." She laughs and invites us in. "Hi Melody, wanna come see Aunt Kay?"

"No, dad!" My baby says and Tommy smiles.

"Hey, I knew you were smart, little lamb." My fiancé says and scoops up Melody.

"She's a daddy's girl, huh?" Kelly asks as we walk further inside. "What can she say now?"

"Ma, dad, no, and she calls Nikki lady." I explain and Nikki flips me off from across the room.

"That was just the one time." He reminds me and I laugh.

My brothers who act like they're five run into the kitchen, they see me and hug me tightly. Michael and David run in chasing after them.

"Stop using Katie as a shield." David crosses his arms like a stubborn kid.

"Wat hebben jullie gedaan?" I ask them what they did.

"Niets niets." Alex tells me nothing, nothing.

"We zijn perfect engelen." Eddie tells me that they're perfect angels and I laugh.

"En ik ben de paus." I tell them 'and I'm the pope'.

"Als je de paus niet zou je een maagd?" Alex asks me 'if you were the pope wouldn't you have to be a virgin?'.

"Melody is het bewijs dat u en Tommy zeker iets en deed ---" I cut Eddie off when he says that Melody is proof that Tommy and I did something.

"Loop naar de hel!" I tell my brothers to go to hell and they laugh. "I hate the both of you, are you aware of that?"

"Hate is such a strong word, little one." Eddie laughs and kisses my hair.

"Bye, boys." I say as I walk away from them.

Tommy

Melody is sleeping in the little play pen that Kelly and Alex bought, Katie is right our baby does snore and her leg twitches when she sleep. I still don't think that I do that but I know that she doesn't so Melody has to get that from me. I mean the kid looks too much like me to not be mine, we share eyes and Katie says that we share a sense of humour but I hope that as she grows Melody turns out like Katie.

Katie is currently beating Vince, Eddie, Alex, and David in cards. David is convinced she's cheating, Vince just looks extremely confused, all the Van Halens have a really good poker face which surprises me a little bit. Alex is usually always serious so that doesn't surprise me but Eddie and Katie are always laughing and smiling so seeing both of them this fucking serious is a little off setting.

"I fold." Eddie admits and drops his cards.

"Yeah, me too." David admits.

"Not I, straight." Vince says proudly and lays his cards.

"Full house." Alex beams and lays his cards.

"You guys are cute, really." Katie smirks. "Straight flush, count 'em up." She laughs and I smile.

"Oh no fucking way." Alex grumbles. "How the hell?"

"What's wrong, Alex?" She asks with a smile and I wrap my arm around her shoulders.

"It doesn't make sense!" Her older brother complains. "I'm counting the cards."

"Can't you take your loss like a man?" Eddie asks with a laugh.

"If I was beaten by anyone other than my baby sister, yes." Alex says as he collects the cards.

"You're such a little girl." Katie mutters then smiles.

"I'm six foot." He tries.

"And I'm five foot two but you're sitting the bigger little girl than I am." My fiancée smirks and crosses her arms.

"You know you're about the size of our garbage can." Alex says as he starts to organize the cards. "I'm pretty sure we could stuff you in there."

"I'd honestly love to see you do that." I admit and tighten my grip on my girl.

"Yeah, I guess we can't bully the little one any more." David kinda laughs.

"Unless of course you want to deal with big bad boyfriend." Vince laughs and I smile.

"All of you stop fighting for like five minutes?" Valerie says as her and Kelly walk into the dining room dragging everyone else with them.

"Why? We're siblings it's what we do." Eddie says and pulls his wife into his lap.

"Her." Valerie says and points to Katie which makes my fiancée's eyes grow.

"What the hell did I do?" Katie wonders making everyone laugh.

"Your going to be twenty three in a few minutes." Eddie reminds her. "I thought you we smart."

"I weighed like one pound when I was born, give me some slack." My girl laughs.

"Guys, I've got a minute until midnight." Michael says as he looks at his watch.

Everyone goes off onto their own conversations and we leave Michael to start to countdown or whatever. Katie looks over to me and she smiles, she puts her hand on my chin and directs my mouth to hers. Everyone starts to countdown but Katie and I really don't pay all that much attention to anything or anyone.

"Happy New Years!" Everyone yells and Katie pulls away from me.

"Happy New Year, baby." She whispers and I kiss her lips.

"Happy birthday, babe." I whisper back and peck her lips again.

We're going to get married this year, I'm going to marry the love of my life this year. I'm going to marry the mother of my baby. I'm going to married Eddie and Alex's baby sister. I'm going to marry my Kathleen Floyd Van Halen.

"Happy birthday, Katie!" Everyone yells making her pull away from me and she smiles.

I've got something planned for her birthday later today and she's going to love it.