The Hotel

After an eleven and a half hour flight we landed in Rio de Janeiro, it was nine thirty at night there. It's five thirty back home in LA so we're not too far off and we could still call Melody before she went to bed. I wasn't overly tired because I slept on the jet but I still wasn't on top of my game.

Tommy and I get to the beautiful hotel room and I smile. My husband is the best and planning these things! I turn around and face Tommy is watching me.

"You spoil me, baby." I tell him and he kisses my forehead.

"You deserve it, Katie. You do so much at home." Tommy tells me and kisses my lips. "Look at the view, babe."

Tommy pulls me out to the marble balcony that looks out to the beach. It's dark so the moon and the stars light up the Atlantic Ocean. A couple of chairs sit beside a little hot tub. There's some little twinkling lights highlighting the architecture and the light dances on the bubbling water. It really is beautiful.

Tommy comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist. He gently kisses my shoulder and neck. I turn around in his grasp and Tommy leans down to kiss my lips.

"This is like a dream, Tommy." I tell him quietly.

Tommy doesn't answer me he just kisses my lips again and walks me back into the hotel room. He sits down on the end of the bed and I stay standing, I like being taller than him even if it is just momentarily. I run my fingers along his jawline and pulls back from him.

"Should we call your parents and talk to our daughter?" I wonder and he smiles.

"Only if we can hit that thing afterwards." Tommy jokes and points back to the hot tub.

"Okay." I agree and peck his lips.

I go and grab the phone and lay down beside my husband who is already laying down. I kiss his chin and he takes the phone from me. Tommy dials the number (mainly because I can never remember phone numbers) and puts it on speaker phone. It rings a couple of times before his mother answers.

"Hey mum." Tommy answer.

"How was the flight?" Voula asks.

"I uh, don't know." Tommy laughs. "We both slept on the plane."

"How Melody?" I ask.

"She cried for a little while but your father took her out for ice cream and now she's okay." She explains and I smile.

"Can we talk to her?" Tommy asks. "We miss her so much."

"Of course, I'll go get her." Voula says.

"Hello?" Melody answers and I smile.

"Hi, little lamb!" Tommy and I call in unison and she giggles.

"Hi mama, hi daddy!" She beams. "I miss you."

"We miss you too, baby." Tommy answers.

"Are you having fun with Yia Yia and Papa?" I ask.

"Yeah, mama. Auntie Thenie came over for dinner." Melody explains.

"That's good, lamb." My husband smiles.

We talk to Melody for a little while and she explains the events of her day. Our little girl asks about our flight and the hotel room. Melody hears me yawn and tells me that I should go to sleep which makes Tommy laugh. Our daughter also tells her daddy that he should make sure that I go to sleep. He promises her that he'll make sure mama goes to bed which I'm sure makes Melody happy. We all talk for close to an hour and a half and we hear Voula tell Melody that it's almost time for bed.

"But Yia Yia, I'm talking to mama and daddy." She tries.

"Melody, listen to Yia Yia. We're going to go to bed too." Tommy promises her.

"Promise?" Our daughter asks.

"We promise, lamb." I promise. "Goodnight, baby. We love you so much."

"Goodnight, mama. Goodnight, daddy." Melody says. "I love you."

"Sweet dreams, baby. We'll call you later." My husband promises.

"Bye, mama and daddy." Melody says quietly. "I love you."

"We love you too." I say and the phone disconnects.

I look over at my husband and he smiles before kissing my lips. Tommy puts his forehead down on mine and I smile.

"I kinda love you, Katie Lee." He laughs quietly and kisses my nose.

"I kinda love you too, Tommy Lee." I admit.

Tommy

When I opened my eyes catch sight of the beach room again, I did good booking this vacation. I roll over and Katie's not in bed beside me. I sit up and look around to see the bathroom door closed and I hear the water running. In the next second I hear the water shut off and I smile.

I walk over to the bathroom door and open it. I find my wife wrapped in a towel brushes her teeth and I laugh. Katie looks over to me and smiles. I walk into the bathroom and hug her from behind, I kiss the top of her head and look at her in the mirror.

"Showering without me?" I ask with a laugh and she smiles.

"I didn't want to wake you up." She admits and spits into the sink. "You're so cute when you sleep and snore." Katie smirks and I laugh.

"You're so short, I wonder how you can look in mirrors." I joke and she flips me off. "Ouch, baby. What would Melody say if she saw her mommy do stuff like that?" I joke and she smiles.

"What would've Melody say about her daddy walking around in his underwear?" Katie wonders with a laugh.

"I walk about the house like this, remember?" I ask and hug her a little tighter.

"And you wear even less on stage." She smirks and turns around.

My wife kisses my chin before walking back into the main room of the hotel. I follow her and find her again looking for clothes to change into.

"Babe, what are we going to do today?" Katie wonders as she turns around.

"Let's figure it out a bit later on." I say and walk over to her.

I put my hands on her hips and she looks up at me, she smiles and I lean down to kiss her lips. Katie kisses me back and I smile against her lips. I move her back towards the bed and we both collapse onto it. I pull away from her for a second and she smiles.

"Melody wants a little brother or sister, remember?" I ask and she laughs.

"Okay." Katie agrees and kisses me again.