Uncle Eddie

Tommy leaving wasn't easy, I cried more than I'll ever admit to and now I'm sitting at Eddie's. Valerie is filming somewhere so he's left to his own devices which is kinda dangerous so I am here to...well not necessarily babysit but make sure he doesn't burn down the house.

Eddie, Alex, my parents, and Tommy's parents have all bought play pens so Melody can play and nap when she's over. Melody is sleeping in the play pen and I'm sitting on the couch watching her, she snores a little bit like Tommy, it's cute. Eddie walks in with a bottle of beer and hands it to me.

"You're not breastfeeding right?" My brother asks and I shake my head. "Then drink, my little sister."

"Thank you." I laugh and take the bottle from him.

"So how is being a mommy?" Eddie wonders.

"It's great." I admit and look over to my sleeping baby. "I mean she's the perfect kid and I love her so much." I sigh and my brother smile. "I miss sleeping."

"Then sleep." He says and I look at him confused. "Oma always told mum that if you were sleeping than mum should be too. I'll watch Melody, you know where the spare bedroom is. Go sleep."

"Are you sure?" I ask and he pulls me up off the couch by my wrist.

"Yes, I'm sure." Eddie says and pushes me towards the stairs. "I know where diapers and the bottles are, I know how to heat up the bottle. Everything will be okay." He promises me and I cross my arms.

"Edward Van Halen." I start and he smiles before mocking my position.

"Kathleen Van Halen." He mocks my position.

"Hurt my baby and I will murder you." I state and he laughs.

"Easy with the third degree." Eddie says. "Sweet dreams, Katie."

"Thanks, Eddie." I say as I walk up the stairs.

Eddie

Probably about two hours after Katie went to sleep my little niece started to cry. I scoop her up out of play pen. I change her successfully and feed her without any issues. Now Melody is rolling around on the floor and giggling.

My niece is really beautiful, she must get it from our side of the family. Melody does have her father's eyes which is a good thing but at the same time it's a little off setting. I mean she's got the same eyes as the guy that knocked up my sister. I love Melody with all my heart but she is a constant reminder that Tommy Lee fuck my baby sister. I mean I don't hate Tommy or anything, I think he's a great guy who makes my sister happy and who is a fantastic father to my niece but he's still put his...into my sister's.... I don't really want to think about that,

"Ba ba baaaa!" Melody nearly screams than starts laughing.

"So that's why they call you little lamb, huh?" I ask with a laugh and look around my living room and see my guitar. "Do you like music, little lamb?"

I grab my guitar and sit down on the floor with Melody. I start to strum the cords and my niece looks over, I smile and start to play different cords and Melody scoots over to me.

"Well, they say it's kinda fright'nin' how this younger generation swings.
You know, it's more than just some new sensation.
Well, the kid is into losin' sleep and he don't come home for half the week.
You know, it's more than just an aggravation.
And the cradle will rock.
Yes, the cradle will rock.
And I say, rock on!
Rock on! " I sing to my niece as I play the guitar softly. "You do like music, don't you?" I laugh. "Your mommy and daddy must be teaching you right."

"Boo boo boo." Melody says and stick out her tongue.

"Boo? Are you a ghost?" I ask and she laughs.

Melody crawls towards me and I move the guitar away. I scoop her up and kiss her head.

"Uncle Eddie loves you very much." I tell her.

Just then the phone starts to ring, I stand up with Melody in my arms to answer my phone. I pick it up and hold it to my ear.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey Eddie, is Katie with you? I just called home and I got the machine, I'm kinda worried about my girls." Tommy admits sheepishly and I smile.

"Yeah, Katie is napping in the spare bedroom and I'm babysitting your daughter." I explain with a laugh.

"Okay, good. I was kinda freaking out." He sighs in relief. "How are they?"

"Katie is sad, she won't ever admit it to anyone here though. I can see it in her eyes that she cries a lot more than she lets on. I don't think she's sleeping a lot either. She misses you." I explain. "Melody is perfect. She loves music, I just finished playing And The Cradle Will Rock."

"Yeah, she loves Shout At The Devil too." Tommy tells me.

"She really is a sweet kid, you and Katie really lucked out with her." I tell him. "I don't know if I've ever told you but I am really happy for you and Katie." I say and like a weights been lifted off my shoulders.

"Thanks, Eddie, it means a lot to me." He admits and I smile.

"Baaaa!" Melody nearly yells.

"Hey." I say as I bounce her.

"Can I, uh, talk to her? Melody, I mean." Tommy asks and I smile.

"Yeah, of course." I say with a laugh.

I hold the phone up to my little niece's ear and let Tommy talk to his daughter for about fifteen minutes before I put the phone back on my ear.

"Tommy, you still there?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm still here." He says.

The line goes quiet for a little while before Tommy starts talking again.

"Eddie, thank you for what you're doing with Katie and Melody. For making sure that Katie sleeps, it means a lot to me knowing that she's okay when I'm gone." He says and I smile.

"You're welcome." I beam. "I mean she's my baby sister, it's my job to keep her safe."

"It's my job too, I guess that makes us coworkers." Tommy laughs and I join him.

This drummer is good for my sister.