Pregnant Girl Strength

"Ow, ow, ow!" I mutter and grip Eddie's and tighter.

"Yeah, I know the feeling." My brother mutters and I drop his hand instantly.

"I'm sorry." I apologize quickly and his eyes grow and he grabs my hand again.

"No, no, Katie. That's not what I meant." Eddie says quickly. "I know you're in a lot of pain."

Okay so I really didn't think that I was in labour and I really didn't want to go to the hospital but Eddie and Alex forced me here. The doctor took one look at me and says that I'm in labour although I'm not due until the twenty eighth. They put me in a gown and set me up in this room hooked up to machines then Alex went to go call everyone.

I love my brothers but right now I just want Tommy or maybe I want my mum. I don't know who I want but poor Eddie looks horrified and I need someone to at least pretend to be levelheaded so I don't get freaked out. Eddie is really trying but he doesn't know what to do.

"Uh, breathe, yeah Katie! You have to breathe!" My brother nearly yells and I wince in pain again.

"I'm breathing." I say through my teeth.

"You're doing good, Katie." Eddie tries and rubs his thumb on mine. "I think." He laughs. "I'm sorry, honey, I'm trying."

"I know, I know." I say and take deep breaths. "Why does my baby hate me?" I whine and my brother's eyes grow.

"Your baby doesn't hate you, Katie. She just wants out." He assures me. "But you are breaking my hand."

"I'm sorry." I apologize again as the door opens.

I was praying so hard that it was mum or Tommy but Alex walks in and stands beside our brother, he puts his hand on my shoulder and squeezes a bit.

"Tommy is on the way, so is Hannah and CC, mum and dad are too they're with Valerie and Kelly. Tommy is going to call his parents and I think that's pretty well everyone." He explains.

"Why is CC coming?" I wonder. "I don't want that condescending AHH-sshole!" I scream as my insides contract again.

"Hey, hey, he's just Hannah's ride. CC won't come back here, I promise you." Alex assures me.

"Tommy might just kill him." Eddie laughs. "Speaking of which, wanna take over here for a few minutes?" He holds up my hand.

"Oh shit, yeah." Alex says and grabs my hand before taking Eddie's chair. "Gotta nice death grip, huh Katie?"

"Uh huh." I say quickly as another contraction starts.

"Oh, it just gets wor-SE." My oldest brother's voice comes up uneven.

"I hurt." I mumble.

The door opens again and my mum walks in. She starts talking Dutch and bad mouthing the doctors which is funny. Tommy's mum beats her son to the hospital and comes back into the room with me. She keeps muttering in Greek which I can't imagine is a good sign, I only catch one word that makes sense and that my boyfriend's name so that can't be a good sign.

"Okay, I'll ask." Eddie says from the corner. "Where's the father?"

"I don't know." I cry as the doctor comes in.

The doctor kicks out everyone so he can see how dilated I am to see if I needed to start pushing. The doctor looks at me and kinda smiles.

"You're ready to start pushing, Miss Van Halen." He says and I shake my head.

Tommy

I have the worst luck, of course we get stuck in traffic on route to the hospital. Katie is probably having a heart attack and she's probably in so much pain. I'm only about a ten minute car ride away but I might as well be in another country at this point. I feel so far away.

"We're going to make it." Mick promises me as he looks back from the passenger seat.

"Yeah Tommy, don't worry." Nikki says from beside me.

"I've never been so worried before in my fucking life." I say and hit my head back on the head rest.

"It's mother's intuition." Vince laughs and I roll my eyes.

After forty five minutes stuck in Los Angeles traffic we drive again and we make it to the hospital. We frantically ask nurses to direct us to the maternity ward and we're too anxious to wait for an elevator so we run up four flights of stairs. We make it to the waiting room and see CC, Hannah, my sister, my father, Kelly, Valerie, and Katie's dad. Nikki hits my arm and points down the hall.

"She's right down there, dude." He saying and smiles. "Go, we'll be here when you get back."

"Okay, wish me luck." I say as I walk down the hall.

Eddie, Alex, my mum, and Katie's mum are all standing in the hallway outside a room that I assume Katie is in. I don't even get to say hi before I hear my girlfriend screaming.

"No, no, I can't have the baby yet her father isn't here yet!" She yells and I laugh. "Tommy isn't here and I'm not having this baby until he's here!"

"Am I allowed to just go in there?" I wonder and Eddie shrugs.

I knock in the door before opening it and Katie catches sight of me and I smile. I go over to her and kiss her hair. The doctor starts to explain what's going on and then wheels Katie's bed down to the delivery room.

"Okay Miss Van Halen, you have to push." The doctor says and I grip her hands.

Katie starts to push and then screams bloody murder screams. She has an absolute death grip on my hands and don't let her tiny body fool you, that broad is stronger than she looks. Katie leans back and takes really deep breaths.

"I can't." She gasps. "I can't do this."

"No baby, you can." I tell her. "Baby, I know you can." I kiss the top of her head.

Twenty minutes of my girlfriend screaming and crying, I hear someone else crying. The doctor then holds up my little daughter as she cries and I smile.

"Congratulations, it's a girl." He says.

My little Melody.