Date Night

Melody is cutting her first tooth and has been screaming the last two days, chewing on the frozen teething rings or Tommy isn't really helping. She'll calm down for little whiles at a time which I am thankful for. She's in the middle of the calm time right now.

Melody is playing with her daddy while I'm cleaning the kitchen. I can hear Tommy laugh once in a while or Melody squeal or laugh with is always amusing. I love hearing my family laugh, it always makes me happy and feel better when I'm sad.

"Want to go see mommy?" I hear my fiancé ask our baby.

"Ma!" Melody yells and I smile.

"Okay, let's go see her." Tommy says.

I hear Tommy walk into the kitchen and I turn around to see them. Melody is giggling and smiling and reaching towards me, Tommy laughs and hands her off before kissing my forehead.

"I love you." He tells me and wraps his arms around me.

"I love you too." I say and look up at him.

Tommy kisses my lips and I smile against his lips, Melody starts laughing which causing Tommy and I to laugh. So we have to pull apart and look down at our baby daughter who is still laughing.

"Some times I wonder if she's right in the head, I mean the kid laughs at everything." Tommy says and I roll my eyes.

"It's just a baby thing, baby." I assure him.

Tommy opens his mouth to say something but the front door opens. We walk towards the front door confused to see my brothers stumbling to take off their jackets and shoes. Alex wins the childish race they were having and comes over to us.

"Tommy, Katie, baby." My oldest brother greets us and takes my baby away from me.

"I swear people only come over to see our baby." Tommy laughs and hugs me into him.

"Well the other option is to come see you two." Eddie calls as he walks over.

"But that raises my next question, why are you two here?" I wonder.

"Well Valerie is doing publicity stuff--" Eddie starts.

"And Kelly is visiting her family so we're going to babysit and you guys are going to go out." Alex explains.

"You can pick your baby up tomorrow morning at my house." Eddie concludes.

Tommy and I both look at my brothers for a second to which they starts laughing. They don't give us time to argue, Eddie starts to go install a car seat in the back seat of his car and Alex sends Tommy and I upstairs to go pack a baby bag for her.

Tommy and I are in the baby's room, I'm packing the bag while Tommy leans in the doorway and watches me.

"So we have a night off?" He asks.

"By the sounds of it." I agree and I see him smile out the corner of my eye.

"I love your brothers!" Tommy admits and walks up behind me. "What are we going to do tonight, baby?" He asks quietly and puts his hands on my sides. "They're stupid if they think that we're going to have an innocent night watching movies or something." My fiancé mumbles and kisses my neck.

I turn around in his grasp and Tommy smiles down at me. I put my hands on his chest and go up on my toes to kiss him but I'm still too short. Tommy laughs and picks me up by my waist like I weigh nothing, either way I'm facing Tommy. I wrap my arms around is shoulders and kiss his lips, he wraps my legs around his waist and he starts to kiss me back while his hands drop to my ass.

Our foot height difference is a challenge some times but it's worth it. I mean I would drag a ladder around just so I could kiss Tommy whenever I damn well please. But my fiancé says that I don't weigh too much so he doesn't mind picking me up but in all honesty it kinda makes me feel like a toddler with their father.

"So how often do I have to feed--Jesus Christ!" I hear Eddie say then the door slams shut.

We pull apart and I get placed on my feet again. Tommy opens the door again to see Eddie standing on the other side looking horrified.

"I-I I'm sorry." Tommy tries but we all know that he's not really sorry at all.

"This is exactly why we're babysitting your daughter tonight but you're not doing that all night. Alex made reservations at this restaurant that you guys are going to fill and it's not a trashy bar so you can't fuck in the bathroom--"

"Well actually we might be..." Tommy trails off when my brother looks at him.

"Anyways just take it easy and we'll look after Melody." Eddie promises.

Shortly after that my brother leaves with our daughter. Tommy and I dress appropriately for this fancy restaurant. I wear a little black dress with a black jacket and a little pair of boots with a heel that makes me normal sized.

We go to the restaurant and eat but we stay there the minimal amount of time that we could be there without being judged by the staff. We quickly eat and drink quite a bit of experience wine and eat desert.

In all honesty going on this date is like we're still innocently dating and acting like two stupid kids in love. We hold hands over the table and we laugh about everything, we play footies under the table and kiss over the table. It's cute and sweet and I kinda forgot what it's like to be like this.

I love this kind of date but I do miss my baby so much. I really want to call Eddie and check up on her but I know I'll never live it down if I do. Tommy and I walk out to our car when my fiancé brings up our daughter.

"Is it bad that I miss Melody?" He asks as we walk and I smile.

"No because I miss her too." I admit.

"But I'm going to enjoy being able to finish certain things without being interrupted or having to finish quickly while she naps." Tommy laughs and pulls me into him. "I can't wait."

Tommy drives home and we head upstairs, out of complete habit I go and check Melody's room. But we do eventually go into our bedroom and start making out pretty intensely.

We got to the point where I am pinned underneath Tommy, he's kissing my neck and pushing up the skirt of my dress. I'm having a lot of problems catching my breath while I tangle my fingers in Tommy's hair. Eventually he moves up so we can kiss again which gives me a change to forgot about my breathing issues even if it is temporary.

"Baby." Tommy mumbles and pulls back from me. "Do you hear that?"

"Hear what?" I ask as kiss his neck and he laughs.

"Nothing." He laughs. "It's quiet for once."

Silence is definitely different but I almost feel guilty for enjoying being away from my baby, I know she's in good hands when it comes to Eddie and Alex though.